Anyone have a favorite Bar-b-que Sauce

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I like Jenkins also. I'll eat there after the game and buy four bottles to take home.

I also like the sauce from Twix and Tween in Centreville Al. It is unique in that it is made with dill pickel juice in it. I just looked it up and you can get the recipe online.

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I do agree with t-gator, properly smoked ribs with the right dry rub needs no sauce.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nautigator;n8826 said:
I do agree with t-gator, properly smoked ribs with the right dry rub needs no sauce.

If you just want to taste the meat. :bananawave:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nautigator;n8826 said:
yes to a point...but the right compliment of sauce can make it just that much better. Like when i go to Rudy's im in a constant battle between eating it with just the rub on or adding sauce...both options are great and i end up doing about half and half.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Funny, my wife just brought home a bottle of "Pat's ho Made" to try. I wonder if she's reading my post.... :scratchchin:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nautigator;n8826 said:

I grew up near Memphis, and I agree that ribs cooked properly do not need any sauce. It covers up the flavor of the marinade, dry rub, and smoke.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And to answer the original question, I haven't had many BBQ sauces outside of the Memphis area, but I never had much of a sauce preference either. We always bought Corky's, which is pretty good, but it was even better when we added a little vinegar and mustard to it. The best stuff I've ever had was homemade, but I couldn't tell you the ingrediants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator