Anyone watching Memphis?

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
Seems like that might have some spillover effects, especially with commodities.

U.S. Coast Guard stops vessel traffic on Mississippi River around damaged bridge at Memphis

At least 16 vessels with a total of 229 barges are parked up and down the Mississippi River, the Coast Guard said.

TDOT: It’s unclear when I-40 bridge in Memphis will reopen

“The Coast Guard is currently working with Arkansas Department of Transportation, Tennessee Department of Transportation and river industry stakeholders on this developing situation,” said Capt. Ryan Rhodes, captain of the Port of Memphis.

“Based on the current information available, we have closed a portion of the Lower Mississippi River out of an abundance of caution. The captain of the port is monitoring the situation and will continue to ensure the safety of the maritime environment and surrounding community.”

U.S. Coast Guard issues waterway restictions for Mississippi River after crack found in bridge

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Seems like that might have some spillover effects, especially with commodities.

I worked at the CG National Command Center for three years - 2011-2014. This sort of thing happens all the time. This isn't "big" news, it probably happens once or twice a month.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I lived in Memphis for five years. It was a great experience, but I was not sad to leave. (Surprisingly to me, Mrs G was.)

Locals like to refer to that structure as the “Dolly Parton Bridge.” Not sure why....

upload_2021-5-12_20-9-49.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb