AP & Coaches Poll Week 1

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
We're in a lot better shape than a lot of folks at this stage. We won't learn much from UT Martin; anything less than a blow-out is unacceptable. We'll have to wait until Kentucky though to get a better feel for this team. It's still way to early to know anything about us and that's the same for a lot of teams at this stage. Sure Clemson, Alabama, and Georgia are good. LSU is going to play Texas so that will be a key early season game that might provide some separation. I like this part of the season. Football season has started but it's a long way to go, but it will be over before you know it. Enjoy the ride.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Right now I think we're where we should be. Saw a lot last weekend. Win our games, win the east, and go to ATL we'll be top 5. Rankings now don't matter. Do that and it will take care of itself.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I’m not usually a pumper but this is just silly. We had 4 turnovers and still won against a legitimate opponent with a recognized solid defense on a mistral field. I guess if we opened at home against UT Martin instead of beating Miami, with its top 15 roster from a recruiting ranking perspective, we would not drop.

I don’t give a damn because it’s irrelevant as the games will be played, but the voters are ailly with this rationale.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone thought we were world beaters after smoking Charleston Southern in week 1 last year, then Kentucky came to town. Whoops.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We won, that's really all that matters.....

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
We had 4 turnovers and still won against a legitimate opponent with a recognized solid defense.

That's how I see it too. Mullen hit the jackpot to get a week zero victory over a possible top 25 team and still walk away with national disrespect and so much to coach up. Nobody's walking out of that game overconfident, that's for sure.

Media was probably a little too friendly before the season started, now it's "of course Georgia wins the East, that's a given". Teams that play with a chip on their shoulder win a lot.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
...and we finished the season top 10 with a win in a NY6 bowl. Maybe we were ok?
The point is, the first game can go a lot of different ways, and just because you play great/terrible in week 1 doesn’t mean you’ll do the same in week 2. Opponent also has a lot to do with that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We looked sloppy. Still early. We have plenty of time to move up.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
We looked sloppy. Still early. We have plenty of time to move up.

I doubt we will move up. We don’t have the QB to take us to elite levels. We will take care of the games we are expected to win and may win a big game here or there but we are not making the playoffs.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I’m not usually a pumper but this is just silly. We had 4 turnovers and still won against a legitimate opponent with a recognized solid defense on a mistral field. I guess if we opened at home against UT Martin instead of beating Miami, with its top 15 roster from a recruiting ranking perspective, we would not drop.

I don’t give a damn because it’s irrelevant as the games will be played, but the voters are ailly with this rationale.

You act as if those turnovers are just bad luck. They aren't ... they are a huge indicator to exactly how we played. You recognize that great scUM DL but forget to mention that high school level OL our D faced. Both UF and scUM looked like crap. Pumpers gonna pump.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Penn State and TAMU would worry me.

I'm (un?)fortunate enough to live in PA and we go to a game a year for family reasons (hers, not mine). We say PSU this past weekend against a horribly outmatched Idaho team (I kept looking for lightening to come cancel the game, didn't happen...79-7 happened). PSU should not scare you, or anyone. They looked bad - much worse than us as we played a decent defense. They will be fortunate to finish in the top 2-4 of their division, they won't win it.

should move up after the LSU/Texas game. I think the Horns are overrated and will lose at home.

This weekend LSU/TX should open a spot for us to move up. Two weeks later, ND@UGA should open up another spot for us to move up.

We won't know who we really are until AU and then LSU.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But had we played our usual cupcake and pounded them we’d be right where we were. We dropped because we looked sloppy against a quality opponent...that sums up my care level for early season rankings

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wait, weren't we two self inflicted fumbles away from running away with this game or am I wrong here? The only other thing I might add is Franks is as erratic as always and that's not going to change. If you had told me we would fumble four times in this game I would have guaranteed a loss. Good teams and coaching overcomes those negatives. I still have faith in the team to be a 10+ plus game winner. So call me Pollyanna now....

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You act as if those turnovers are just bad luck. They aren't ... they are a huge indicator to exactly how we played. You recognize that great scUM DL but forget to mention that high school level OL our D faced. Both UF and scUM looked like crap. Pumpers gonna pump.

STFU!

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is why rankings shouldn't come out until October.... We don't what kind of team we have, and we don't know what kind of teams anyone else is. Right now with similar data 10-20 are all about the same, and we belong in that group. When the calendar flips and everyone has a few games under their belt is when the rankings really should matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb