AP & Coaches Poll Week 1

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This is why rankings shouldn't come out until October..
I agree pretty much but I'd say after week 4. I honestly don't care where we are right now and in fact almost wished we were lower or not ranked at all...as someone mentioned earlier I like a team that plays with a bit of a chip on their shoulder.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. After seeing several other top 25 teams suck it up on their opening day I'm not so critical of our gators at the moment.

Yep. Had we played a cupcake first game, then we would be overrated.
The fact that we think that we're going to stomp UT-Martin shows our evaluation of this UF team.
Now, that rough game vs UM saw us at our clumsy-worse most likely.
Wrong is the idea that the typical human "machinery" in Franks' brain & body-works cannot progress any further along the typical bio-feedback continuum of skills development. Franks will get better. In practice, in games brain & body-works are educating Franks on how to make each athletic maneuver more successful.

Yep. I'm on the edge of my chair waiting for Franks to flip his switch. In truth, the process only works through repeat trial and error in games.

Still, GatorNatiion is lucky. Just think: Toney gets the ball, Perrine hits an open lane, Swain-Jefferson-Grimes out in patterns, with a 6'6" QB of rifle-arm .... Pierce catches on .... Malik Davis becomes elusive again?... by God our TEs had better block!

Have fun altogether this Saturday night, as Gators romp in great style.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree pretty much but I'd say after week 4. I honestly don't care where we are right now and in fact almost wished we were lower or not ranked at all...as someone mentioned earlier I like a team that plays with a bit of a chip on their shoulder.

That's why I say October, with the unbalanced schedules, every team should have 4 games under their belt by October.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
That's why I say October, with the unbalanced schedules, every team should have 4 games under their belt by October.
I think 4 games is about right. It gives everybody a chance to shake off the rust and usually everybody has played at least 1 or 2 games against serious competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator