Applebee Starter for Outback Bowl

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure all of the meaningless bowl people have switched their opinions in light of recent events. Is there a single person that doesn't think the bowl will hurt/help our recruiting? Time to start getting with the times. The team on the field is a product. Love it or hate...time to embrace it. Meaningless bowl game. Stupid.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As much as I wish we could see one of the freshmen I do understand why we will not. When you think about it, it would be silly to have them waste a year on one meaningless game. I guess if there were 1/3 -1/4 of the season left, and that particular QB was going to get those games regardless of outcome then fine, but one game would be a waste.
It would really be cool if the NCAA would not count bowl games toward eligibility. Imagine if all redshirts could paly and not get penalized. Say if that was the only game they played in the entire year.

That would be cool, "agent99".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This guy is really good
What is your basis for this?

I suspect yo are going to get your feelings hurt when you see him on the field.

Unless Butters does some of this QB Whisperin some of you claim he can do.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What is your basis for this?

I suspect yo are going to get your feelings hurt when you see him on the field.

Unless Butters does some of this QB Whisperin some of you claim he can do.
:facepalm:

Total fail law... go back and read the post. The entire statement was total sarcasm. I wasn't putting forth an opinion. I was summarizing the pumper's perspective: this guy is really good, and that's why mac keeps him on the bench, wait for next year, etc.

Sometimes it seems like you are so eager to bash that you cant detect massive sarcasm. I especially like your last statement: "Butters does some of this QB Whisperin some of you claim he can do" :lol:

As if I have EVER claimed old yeller can coach up qb's :lmao:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
@RyanYoungSEC: .@PFF_College reveals an interesting stat about #Gators QB Austin Appleby's performance against Alabama. https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...tat-qb-austin-applebys-performance-vs-alabama

Yep I thought people maybe were a little too hard on Appleby considering who we were playing and that a couple of the picks weren't 100% on him. Even that 3rd one not mentioned the Bama defender shoved the receiver pretty good with the ball in the air and probably would have been called a penalty if it was us doing it instead of Bama.

As far as the O Line I did see Taylor get tore up a bunch but the ball was usually gone before it resulted in a sack. Taylor gets somewhat of a pass being a true freshman going against Bama talent however.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.