Are the Ducks now the Buffalo Bills of the NCAA?

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n150392 said:
Top of the ACC beat the worst of the SEC.

I agree. But still 4-0. Hard to talk a lot of smack when the SEC is at its weakest in probably a decade.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n150397 said:
I agree. But still 4-0. Hard to talk a lot of smack when the SEC is at its weakest in probably a decade.

Actually it is pretty easy. Even with the conference at its weakest, we are still better than every other conference. It is not even a debate.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n150398 said:
Actually it is pretty easy. Even with the conference at its weakest, we are still better than every other conference. It is not even a debate.

It is definitely debatable and not only for the reasons already stated, but we didn't even have a team in the NC game this year, much less the best team in the country. Our bowl record while above .500 was definitely less impressive than the Pac12's 6-2. The SEC may still be the best conference, but it is certainly debatable now.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n150405 said:
It is definitely debatable and not only for the reasons already stated, but we didn't even have a team in the NC game this year, much less the best team in the country. Our bowl record while above .500 was definitely less impressive than the Pac12's 6-2. The SEC may still be the best conference, but it is certainly debatable now.

No it is not. It would only become debatable if the SEC has another down year next year. We had a team in the NC game 8 years in a row, the streak had just been broken. We got 12 teams into bowls, no other conference was even close to that.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n150389 said:
Except the ACC went 4-0 versus their SEC rivals this year.

How many games would the ACC win vs. the SEC if their No 1 team played the SEC No 1 and so on down the line. I'm thinking maybe 1 or 2.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is that I remember during the second half of the FSU game how Herbie went on and on about how physical Oregon was. Slammed all the folks out there who were saying that Oregon wasn't a physical football team.

Fast forward a dozen days and Oregon gets sand kicked in their faces at the beach like 97 pound weaklings. Good call, Herbie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.