Are we pulling for FSU (disgusting, I know) this weekend?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
In looking at the rankings as they currently stand and making some assumptions, I am wondering if we should be pulling for FSU this weekend. For sake of discussion, let's assume that Ohio State takes care of Michigan State and Iowa, Baylor takes care of TCU, LSU takes care of Bama, Notre Dame takes care of Stanford and we win out and beat LSU in the SECCG. If Clemson wins out, that leaves Ohio State, Clemson and Baylor as unbeatens and us and Notre Dame as 1 loss teams possibly fighting for the 4th and final spot in the playoffs. We all know that the media have a lovefest and bias towards the Irish. Would we be left on the outside looking in under this scenario? If FSU were to beat Clemson and everything else were to remain the same, there would be room for 2 one-loss teams in the playoffs, plus a Clemson loss would weaken Notre Dame's SOS which one broadcaster today said was currently 5th hardest in the country. Knowing that we still have to play FSU and can knock them out of contention by beating them, is it in our best interests for the Noles to beat the Tigers this weekend? It pains me to even consider rooting for them for even a game but this may be best for us. And by the way, you could swap out some of the teams' head to head results above while the end result and the main point stays the same (i.e.- you could have Michigan State take care of Ohio State and Iowa and TCU take care of Baylor to have a logjam of 3 undefeateds and a few one loss teams). Granted, Stanford may knock ND off but my concern is that a one-loss Notre Dame team may make the playoff to the SEC's detriment. What say you?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't even have to read the thread, I will never pull for FSU under any circumstances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1432.gif

**** the :nole:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Clemson has Syracuse, Wake and South Carolina left after FSU...not exactly a murders' row to face. Notre Dame has Pitt and BC in addition to the Stanford matchup I already mentioned in the OP. BC has been known to give them trouble and Pitt is better this year than they have been in the recent past so we can always hope that one of these two teams knocks the Irish off but it would really suck to be competing against ND for the last spot if they run the table the remainder of the season. I personally think they will lose at least one more but it would be nice to have as few obstacles as possible in our way if we run the table.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I can't think of a single case in this last decade of a 1-loss SEC Champion not making the NC game, and that was mostly before there was an extra 2 teams getting consideration. If we win out, it will feature two more ranked opponents, one in a neutral setting and a single loss coming on the road by 7. There is almost zero chance we aren't in the Final 4.

Fsu can drink bleach this weekend as originally scheduled.

Anyway, Baylor is getting exposed somewhere along the way, imo, and I'm not sure Clemson won't as well. Also Usc beats ND.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously?
**** them 6 ways to Sunday.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
soflagator;n306751 said:
I can't think of a single case in this last decade of a 1-loss SEC Champion not making the NC game, and that was mostly before there was an extra 2 teams getting consideration. If we win out, it will feature two more ranked opponents, one in a neutral setting and a single loss coming on the road by 7. There is almost zero chance we aren't in the Final 4.

Fsu can drink bleach this weekend as originally scheduled.

Anyway, Baylor is getting exposed somewhere along the way, imo, and I'm not sure Clemson won't as well. Also Usc beats ND.

Unfortunately, ND already beat USC a few weekends ago so we can't rely on the Trojans helping us out. I agree with you that Baylor still may get exposed but we would need TCU to also lose to somebody. I didn't mention OK State in the OP because I think that the Big 12 may cannibalize themselves and OK State always seems to find a way to choke but I thought I would throw this thread out as a talking point in advance of the first Selection Committee rankings coming out tonight.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
MJMGator;n306762 said:

I hate the ****ers, too. With that being said, do you feel that if there are 3 unbeatens and us and Notre Dame are each a one loss team, will we get the 4th playoff spot over the Irish?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;306765 said:
I hate the ****ers, too. With that being said, do you feel that if there are 3 unbeatens and us and Notre Dame are each a one loss team, will we get the 4th playoff spot over the Irish?

**** notre dame also.

See how easy this is?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorInGeorgia;n306761 said:
Unfortunately, ND already beat USC a few weekends ago so we can't rely on the Trojans helping us out. I agree with you that Baylor still may get exposed but we would need TCU to also lose to somebody. I didn't mention OK State in the OP because I think that the Big 12 may cannibalize themselves and OK State always seems to find a way to choke but I thought I would throw this thread out as a talking point in advance of the first Selection Committee rankings coming out tonight.

Wow. I may need to reassess my drinking after all. Thanks for the correction.

In my defense, I got my intel straight from Sark.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n306765 said:

Way too early to know.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is Climpsons best chance at a loss, which helps the Gators....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator