Are we still entertaining the fantasy that Treon Harris will start this week?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
divits;n78564 said:
Sadly, I have to agree with you. It appears that at just about every position there is a total lack of measurable progress dating back to Meyer's last year. Despite this though, I have always been optimistic at the beginning of every season because I (wrongly) believed that THIS is the year they finally figure it out and find the right formula. With this new OC I thought that Driskell would finally be in a system that would fit him and that we would by opening it up and using plays and a hurry up that would keep the defense on it's heels. Instead we have gotten the same old predictable and unimaginative crap that dates back to "DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!". We've had three top 5 HS QB's come to Gainesville only to fail miserably. No one has been developed at all. Our linebackers are non-existent, we have no pass rush, Driskel is still making terrible decisions, our receivers still drop balls, DB's still give up huge plays, and even when we win fans are left leaving the stadium shaking their heads knowing that this crap is never going to get us to the promised land.

Our next coach has GOT to be a home run or else we will have to resign ourselves to 4 or 5 more years of being irrelevant.

There's actually a quote from one of our biggest recruiting targets regarding the offense, saying "no one wants to play in that system", following the game Saturday.

Of course, he compliments the defensive effort. But if anyone thinks that continuing at the current pace isn't going to set us back 3-4 years, they are either in full blown denial or have a serious drug problem. Go look at fsu 2006-2010 for a glimpse of what we'll be, and then swap an ACC schedule with an SEC slate. It's happening, guys. There are no more "what if's", nor is it negative projecting. It's reality at this point.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n78745 said:
There's actually a quote from one of our biggest recruiting targets regarding the offense, saying "no one wants to play in that system", following the game Saturday.

Exactly why firing him early makes the most sense. At least some of the fencesitters may stay on the fence pending the coaching search.

NO ONE wants more Mushcramp.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n78745 said:

Of course, he compliments the defensive effort. But if anyone thinks that continuing at the current pace isn't going to set us back 3-4 years, they are either in full blown denial or have a serious drug problem. Go look at fsu 2006-2010 for a glimpse of what we'll be, and then swap an ACC schedule with an SEC slate. It's happening, guys. There are no more "what if's", nor is it negative projecting. It's reality at this point.

Haven't really been following recruiting because I've seen that we're doing terrible. If recruits are saying what we're all thinking then we really could be digging ourselves into a hole that could take years to get out of even with the changing of Muschamp. I 100% agree that the change needs to be made quickly but saying that Muschamp is fired doesn't do too much to tell recruits why to come here. Not having a coach is just as hard to recruit and we won't be able to make a hire till after the season.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
G 2;n78763 said:
Haven't really been following recruiting because I've seen that we're doing terrible. If recruits are saying what we're all thinking then we really could be digging ourselves into a hole that could take years to get out of even with the changing of Muschamp. I 100% agree that the change needs to be made quickly but saying that Muschamp is fired doesn't do too much to tell recruits why to come here. Not having a coach is just as hard to recruit and we won't be able to make a hire till after the season.

But that's a sword you have to fall onto at some point. The reality is this was already an off-year for us(at this point at least) coming into the year, with numerous big names openly saying they wanted to see the season and WM's security before deciding. Well, that's not doing us any favors.

As for the hole, the right guy could salvage this class, even with only a few months left. Meyer inherited a class that would see 3 flip to the vols, and still managed to bring in a top 15 class. it can be done. But again, if you think this year looks bad, imagine what next year will look like. There's never an easy time to pull the plug, but it has to be done when necessary.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n78772 said:
But that's a sword you have to fall onto at some point. The reality is this was already an off-year for us(at this point at least) coming into the year, with numerous big names openly saying they wanted to see the season and WM's security before deciding. Well, that's not doing us any favors.

As for the hole, the right guy could salvage this class, even with only a few months left. Meyer inherited a class that would see 3 flip to the vols, and still managed to bring in a top 15 class. it can be done. But again, if you think this year looks bad, imagine what next year will look like. There's never an easy time to pull the plug, but it has to be done when necessary.

I'm not saying don't fire him. I'm just saying I don't see the recruiting benefit of firing him tomorrow versus waiting till the season ends.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
G 2;n78775 said:
I'm not saying don't fire him. I'm just saying I don't see the recruiting benefit of firing him tomorrow versus waiting till the season ends.

Mizz is basically MSU of 2004 in terms of timing. The reason you can't wait is that you can't pursue other coaches while you have still have one. Unless it's rushed, waiting until Dec to begin doesn't give you much time. Foley actually has a quote on this. No idea why he's changed his tune here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The coaching search is already underway.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Shaking my head on Muschamp playing both and "probably" starting Jeff... what more do you really need to see with Driskel?

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If the receivers would start catching the ball I'd be a happy camper...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.