Are you a real Gator?

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
There are Gators all over the south, that really shocked you?

AlligatorMap_f.jpg
Funny you should post that, because the shaded area doesn't cover north Alabama.
Yet they are here.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Funny you should post that, because the shaded area doesn't cover north Alabama.
Yet they are here.

You have two options.

You can sit back and take it like a b!tch or you can fight back like a man.

If you want to maintain even a shred of dignity and a shadow of your manhood, you will immediately find out who created that false and defamatory map and fire off a STERNLY worded letter rebuking them for their insolence.

Furthermore, you will demand, DEMAND I say, that they print a categorical and unequivocal retraction of their spurious map and issue an apology to all the good people of North Alabama (including cousin-wives), crocodilians in general, and the North American Alligator in particular (full page, NYTimes preferred) AND publish a new and correct map showing the true range of these magnificent creatures (the corrected map would preferably be in orange and blue).

iu

Alex.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When you schitt yourself, and I would have, did they float up right next to your chest? And did you fan them in the direction of the gator? I would have.
That didn't happen, but you can be sure I kept an eye on it while I was working my way back to dry land.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Never did I think someone in the south seeing an alligator would be like a bushman seeing a polaroid. Very strange.
But northern Alabama doesn’t really count as the south, does it? It may as well be Ohio.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
13 years old me camping at Ocean Pond swimming with 2 cousins about 75 yards out on a blow up ring float start getting yelled to come by my uncle, 1 cousin decided to swim up immediately, me and the other cousin decide to take our time coming in mostly ignoring our uncle. Uncle starts cussing which freaks out other cousin so he swims in, meanwhile I'm still 50 yards out and taking my time but finally start paddling in slowly. As I'm about 15 yards out my uncle starts yelling there is a Gator behind you get out of the F'ing water. Thank God I didn't look back before getting out of the water and not freaking out because it could have cost me my life. Get out if the water and sure enough there is like a 10ft momma with 3 babies.

Game Warden had just warned my uncle not to let us swim outside of the swimming area because it was mating season and gators are very aggressive during that time of year.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yet they are here.
A few years ago there was one living in the Chattahoochee river in the Cobb County area NW of Atlanta. They eventually trapped her and released her down in the southern part of the state. It was surprising because of how cold the water gets in the winter. Eventually, somebody sent the Ga. DNR some pictures and they went out and found her. Since it was so far north of any other known alligators in the river, the DNR suspected that someone had released her into the river when she was very young. She was around 8 ft long and they estimated her to be about 13-14 years old. A few years later an even bigger one - a male about who was 13 ft+ and weighed about 700 pounds - was found in an irrigation ditch in Cobb Co. There was no explanation of how he got to the area. (BTW - He had been badly injured and had to be euthanized.) Territorial expansion is a thing among certain species, so there could be legit reasons you are seeing them in Northern Alabama and they may be there to stay.

Here's a news story about the female that was in the Chattahoochee.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
13 years old me camping at Ocean Pond swimming with 2 cousins about 75 yards out on a blow up ring float start getting yelled to come by my uncle, 1 cousin decided to swim up immediately, me and the other cousin decide to take our time coming in mostly ignoring our uncle. Uncle starts cussing which freaks out other cousin so he swims in, meanwhile I'm still 50 yards out and taking my time but finally start paddling in slowly. As I'm about 15 yards out my uncle starts yelling there is a Gator behind you get out of the F'ing water. Thank God I didn't look back before getting out of the water and not freaking out because it could have cost me my life. Get out if the water and sure enough there is like a 10ft momma with 3 babies.

Game Warden had just warned my uncle not to let us swim outside of the swimming area because it was mating season and gators are very aggressive during that time of year.
Took the kids camping there about 10 yrs ago. We were out at least 75 yrds but dont remember any swimming area. Probably early or middle of spring. Great swimming in that lake. Didnt see a gator.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Took the kids camping there about 10 yrs ago. We were out at least 75 yrds but dont remember any swimming area. Probably early or middle of spring. Great swimming in that lake. Didnt see a gator.
This was 24 years ago and apparently at that time it was infested with them. Maybe they have relocated a lot of them cause we would see them all the time. Used to do a lot of knee boarding & tubing during the summer. Was always super nervous when I'd wipe out.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes I'm a Gator but no I don't have scales. Just orange and blue running through my veins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb