Are you a real Gator?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah we have gators in the south. My son has one he can see from his backyard he occasionally spots swimming in his creek. No big deal.

When I went to gville, there was a Gator (the green scaly kind) on campus. Along a walkway in the middle of the campus this guy would occasionally say hello. He was maybe five feet. To my knowledge he never bit anybody. He was one of us.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Snapchat-37458611.jpg

Killed this little guy in the middle of one of my cow pastures 3 or 4 years ago trying to catch a cow. He was a little over 11 feet.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When I went to gville, there was a Gator (the green scaly kind) on campus.

"A" Gator on campus???

When I went to UF, there were hundreds and hundreds of gators (yes, the scaly kind) on campus.

Lake Alice was teeming with them. You'd regularly see the little fellas sunning themselves. The biggest alligator I ever saw in the wild was in a ditch in the band practice field. It was as wide as the bottom of the ditch, enormous.

Alex.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
"A" Gator on campus???

When I went to UF, there were hundreds and hundreds of gators (yes, the scaly kind) on campus.

Lake Alice was teeming with them. You'd regularly see the little fellas sunning themselves. The biggest alligator I ever saw in the wild was in a ditch in the band practice field. It was as wide as the bottom of the ditch, enormous.

Alex.
No this guy hung out on a well travelled walkway somewhere at the northeast part of the campus. I never could figure out why the newbees didn't freak out. Most of us just got used to him. If I didn't get within 15 feet of him I wasn't worried about it. Sometimes when I wasn't watching for him I got a little too close and got an adrenalin rush. He was a lazy Gator. Must have been related to Mullen.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
No this guy hung out on a well travelled walkway somewhere at the northeast part of the campus. I never could figure out why the newbees didn't freak out. Most of us just got used to him. If I didn't get within 15 feet of him I wasn't worried about it. Sometimes when I wasn't watching for him I got a little too close and got an adrenalin rush. He was a lazy Gator. Must have been related to Mullen.
Please don't conflate "Gator" even the scaly kind with Mullen.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Funny you should post that, because the shaded area doesn't cover north Alabama.
Yet they are here.
Gators have been in north Alabama for years. Possibly at least 50 years. There were some released to try and control the beaver population in the Goose Pond backwaters a long time ago. It really isn't a big deal...

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Gators have been in north Alabama for years. Possibly at least 50 years. There were some released to try and control the beaver population in the Goose Pond backwaters a long time ago. It really isn't a big deal...
We have basically made it a hobby to look for that gator (and others) when we go on bicycle rides. We have not seen it since I took that photo, unfortunately. I have a drone, and I think I'll fly over all of those ponds to see if I can spot it. Might not be too difficult from the air if it is near the surface.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
A real Gator, ffs, I have two PhD’s from Florida.

one wood handled and one fiberglass

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Try wading in the swamp up to your chest naked as the day you were born so you could have dry clothes to put back on after getting your duck. And while reaching for said duck, you notice a pair of eyes looking at you about 6' away. Yeah... that happened when I was a teenager.
Are you sure that was a gator or was it a horny girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.