Are you REALLY a Gator fan?

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I'm a Gator, not a gator fan. No idea why I care as much as I do, but I do. Its just part of me. Conversely, I've also become a Ram fan since they came back to LA. Difference is, I usually have no idea who the Rams are playing any weekend until Saturday. I know many of the players on the team and usually watch the Ram game on Sunday, but I pretty much forget about the game 10 minutes or so after its over, win or lose. Its kind of like going to a movie.

Gator football is completely different for me. I look forward to it all year and enjoy every minute of every game even when I'm grousing about every missed tackle, bad call, etc. I'll never forget where I was in 96, 06 & 08 when we got it done. Those titles more than made up for all the years we didn't get there. Much like the next title will be oh so sweet due to the struggles we're going through now.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I don't consider myself a Gator "fan." I am a Gator. UF is my alma mater, twice over, so for better or for worse the Gators will always be my college team whether I like it or not. I hold my team to the highest standards and want excellence in coaching because jumping off the bandwagon is not an option for me.
Can't give this enough likes.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Like GGG, I am a Gator. Graduated, Commissioned, and married at THE University of Florida. My Alma Mater (which, for those of you who don't know, mean caring or nurturing Mother). She always has a significant special place in my life. In spite of wokeism and Fuchsism.
#metoo
HS girlfriend went to UF straight out of HS (Dearborn, MI), I went in the Army. Graduated from OSUT, went down to Gainesville and we eloped the day the Gators hosted Va Tech (we won). She left to join me in Germany after the Fall semester. Both went back to UF when the Army sent me. Also commissioned at UF. I have one UF degree, wife has two. Son #1 graduated with one degree, Son #2 will graduate with one in December, masters next May. Daughter is dual majoring now. We're Gators.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
#metoo
HS girlfriend went to UF straight out of HS (Dearborn, MI), I went in the Army. Graduated from OSUT, went down to Gainesville and we eloped the day the Gators hosted Va Tech (we won). She left to join me in Germany after the Fall semester. Both went back to UF when the Army sent me. Also commissioned at UF. I have one UF degree, wife has two. Son #1 graduated with one degree, Son #2 will graduate with one in December, masters next May. Daughter is dual majoring now. We're Gators.
What part of Germany? I spent a couple years in Nu-Ulm.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He is too busy in his game room playing with his Ghost Busters toys......
Did you see the finished product of my latest? Even an old fart like you, who never even saw the movie because you considered it beneath you, has to be impressed.

Image-13.jpg

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just a lowly gator fan. Though I've been considering taking a few online classes at UF to boost up my street cred around here.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What year was that? We might be able to find it
At least 10 years and several board changes ago. Every time they updated the site, they deleted all the untold thousands of old threads and posts. Real brain surgeons over there, I tell you.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
At least 10 years and several board changes ago. Every time they updated the site, they deleted all the untold thousands of old threads and posts. Real brain surgeons over there, I tell you.
they treated us like a nuisance.

apparently didn't understand how to monetize a web page either.

I'm not sure there's anyone in a newspaper these days that understands how to make money.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah. I can see a lot of the pages. It’s just so much data to try to comb through. If we can narrow it down to a year and month timeframe, we might be able to find it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
they treated us like a nuisance.

apparently didn't understand how to monetize a web page either.

I'm not sure there's anyone in a newspaper these days that understands how to make money.
The past threads are historical and need to be protected, as far as I'm concerned. I'm very protective of every post that's ever been made on this site and wouldn't want to lose any of them. Can you imagine if I said I was going to upgrade and just wiped everything away and told everyone to start over? Half the base wouldn't even return they'd be so pissed. The geniuses over there at Gatorsports never once thought about that. Got 20,000 posts? Not anymore!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. I can see a lot of the pages. It’s just so much data to try to comb through. If we can narrow it down to a year and month timeframe, we might be able to find it.
Where are you finding this?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Where are you finding this?
it's a very incomplete picture. just go to the way back machine put in the gatorsports.com in the URL to search and it will give you the dates that it does have archived. from there you have to click on the page to the forum link and it will take you to the the data it downloaded.

I'm really surprised @Concrete Helmet hasn't used this already to catch me in my 20,000 pro butters post that he said that I deleted.

edit: it doesnt seem to give me the actual threads, just the index.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
it's a very incomplete picture. just go to the way back machine put in the gatorsports.com in the URL to search and it will give you the dates that it does have archived. from there you have to click on the page to the forum link and it will take you to the the data it downloaded.

I'm really surprised @Concrete Helmet hasn't used this already to catch me in my 20,000 pro butters post that he said that I deleted.
The Butters era was on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator