Arizona Cardinals hire away DC Patrick Toney; Austin Armstrong new DC

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt, but I'd personally like to see 0.0% continuity from last year.
200.gif

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Colbert leaving is perfectly setting up a return for Ike Hilliard. He was WR/Co-OC at Auburn last year. Bring him home.
The WR class we just got is going to be good. Andy Jean is ready to play right away and I think Eugene Wilson is going to be fun to watch if they can get him the ball.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Colbert leaving is perfectly setting up a return for Ike Hilliard. He was WR/Co-OC at Auburn last year. Bring him home.
The WR class we just got is going to be good. Andy Jean is ready to play right away and I think Eugene Wilson is going to be fun to watch if they can get him the ball.
You’re still here?

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
I see Jeff Scott being floated around a lot already in some places. My problem with that is how long do we keep him at WR/Co-OC? He probably leaves for a better position in a year or two. Hilliard in contrast to that would probably be here forever if he was successful enough at coaching WR and his ambitions are to stay at his Alma Mater where he was one of the best WRs to ever do it in Orange and Blue...maybe he could be a successful OC or more. We won't know if we keep hiring outsiders from the sun belt that are Napier's buddies.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
At least Austin Armstrong knows Billy’s system, culture, expectations etc. as well as Toney’s. We’ll see how it pans out but it should be a pretty smooth transition for the players.
In case you missed it, Toney admitted to not having a system and only taught concepts. After watching his defense up close for a year I can say with 100% certainty that he wasn't lying. What you should be hoping is that the new guy actually has a system to install so we can get back to playing real defense. I know, I know, here I go talking crazy again..

Last edited:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
It seems odd those NFL programs wanted our staff, but okay. Does that indicate they are better than we thought or ... ?
Not sure about KC and Pegler but I read Toney was hired as an assistant, if so he's taking about a 700k a year pay cut. Pretty sure he was told get the fuchs out just like Pegler.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not sure about KC and Pegler but I read Toney was hired as an assistant, if so he's taking about a 700k a year pay cut. Pretty sure he was told get the fuchs out just like Pegler.

Toney may be looking for a legit step up to the NFL. But I’m pretty sure Napier just sold Peagler on the huge craft cocktail scene in Phoenix.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Napier might end up being just as poor a hire as Muschamp sorry ass. Damn that Stricklin son of a bitch. Damn him to hell

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff Scott would be my top pick at wr coach. Nobody recruited Florida better than him when he was at Clemson. Dude has a ton of receivers in the league. We might just luck out here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator