Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Y'all Billy G is back....again lol.

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not excited or disappointed really. Wouldn’t be my first choice, but we’ve seen some serious reaches and he’s at least not that. The tweet above is correct about his recruiting. However, in both cases he was working within the framework of a particular offense run by Mullen. I’m not convinced he can’t do a good job with a different style being played. We’ll see.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I would have preferred Dwayne Dixon and let Napier worry about the body type and recruiting.

Hell, he may be dead for all I know.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's certainly experienced and has had previous success here coaching. If his biggest weakness is talent evaluation and others are doing that anyway, then he should do fine here. He certainly enjoys being a Gator.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
At least he shaves.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, he's young but I like the guy. I know he hasn't done jack here yet but his talk about making other people fear us is something I like. Making it happen....well, we'll see.
And I can understand hiring someone like him that fits right into the mix and comfort level.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I like Billy G for the receivers. He has had success here and elsewhere and we could have done worse...like some kid who only has Sunbelt experience.

I have never met him, but I met his parents right after he started his first stint here under Meyer. They were awfully nice and excited he was at UF.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I like Billy G for the receivers. He has had success here and elsewhere and we could have done worse...like some kid who only has Sunbelt experience.

I have never met him, but I met his parents right after he started his first stint here under Meyer. They were awfully nice and excited he was at UF.
I said this earlier but now that he’s coming back it bears repeating. Billy Gonzales is easily the best WR coach we’ve had since Dwayne Dixon left after 2004.

His WR units have performed well here and elsewhere. I’m not sure about his recruiting but there’s a pretty great list of guys on his resume, so I assume he’s had a hand in recruiting some of them.

Can he fit well into a healthy system with much more support & positive leadership from the top? I hope so. Worth a try. And he definitely adds experience and perspective to the offensive staff.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not excited or disappointed really. Wouldn’t be my first choice, but we’ve seen some serious reaches and he’s at least not that. The tweet above is correct about his recruiting. However, in both cases he was working within the framework of a particular offense run by Mullen. I’m not convinced he can’t do a good job with a different style being played. We’ll see.
Given the reaction of our former receivers in the NFL I would say this is a solid hire. I’ve got no problems with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.