Arizona Cardinals hire away DC Patrick Toney; Austin Armstrong new DC

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Glad toneys gone, but this doesn't really move the needle much:

"During his time in 2021 and 2022 at Southern Mississippi, Armstrong was the youngest coordinator in the NCAA. In 2022, Armstrong’s Southern Miss defense ranked 57th in total defense, giving up 372.2 yards per game and 5.4 yards per play."

Wait a second. I pulled out my abacus, added 5.4 yards plus 5.4 yards and came up with 11.2 yards. With a first down every 10 yards and the opposing offense getting 4 downs per possession, does this mean the opposing offense will get a first down every 2 plays against us? :scratchhead:

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wait a second. I pulled out my abacus, added 5.4 yards plus 5.4 yards and came up with 11.2 yards. With a first down every 10 yards and the opposing offense getting 4 downs per possession, does this mean the opposing offense will get a first down every 2 plays against us? :scratchhead:
I think your abacus may need to be calibrated.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Nape gets an A fckin plus for dumping Tony and Peagler,
Colbert moving up reflects well on Nape.
I'll cross my fingers on who he hires but I.d love to get a ST coach out of this.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
My RPN scientific calculator says a first down every 1.85 plays.

How can there be a 0.85 play?

It's UF, our players are geeks.

We can do fractions.

Animated GIF

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Could’ve been user error. My abacus skills are rusty and I’ve been spoiled since the advent of the calculator a few months ago.
My RPN scientific calculator says a first down every 1.85 plays.

How can there be a 0.85 play?

It's UF, our players are geeks.

We can do fractions.

Animated GIF
Are we nerding?
I learned slide rule sr year in HS. Works surprisingly well. Following year HP introduced the 41CV and I never picked one up since.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
In case you missed it, Toney admitted to not having a system and only taught concepts. After watching his defense up close for a year I can say with 100% certainty that he wasn't lying. What you should be hoping is that the new guy actually has a system to install so we can get back to playing real defense. I know, I know, here I go talking crazy again..
I hear you, but I also realize it’s overstating it to say we had a defense.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
According to David Waters, Sidehat told us he wasn’t interested in the job

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do we know anything about these guys? I feel like every time we turn around the names were going after our completely unknown.
Stepp is currently South Carolina wr coach (39yo).
Kiesau is the former Boise/Auburn OC that's already on staff as OA right now (50yo).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb