Arkansas hires 300-pound Sam Pittman to be head coach

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I guess this is what you get when you hire a 7-5 coach from SMU.

The team had clearly quit on him and Arkansas had no choice. I'm sure Morris will get an 8-figure buyout for going 4-18.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Rather than firing both coaches, the two schools should have negotiated a trade. They would have likely ended up no worse off than they will after an extensive coaching search and getting turned down by anyone worth having.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Al coaches should rent.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just not enough time to get his guys. Bet they wish they would’ve kept Bert.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bert's record wasn't much better. He couldn't win a SEC game either.
Except he beat LSUX2, your Boy Freezex2, your other Boy Butters....by about 100 points AND wait for it....Mullen too....oh I guess he did win some SEC games with Div 3 talent which is all anyone will get at Arky if they aren't paying them like Nutt and Petrino.
Nobody's winning at Arky.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Al coaches should rent.

I wasn’t aware we’d officially gone to AI coaching, but I like it.

They may struggle to relate in recruiting, but that’s no big deviation from the present.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Except he beat LSUX2, your Boy Freezex2, your other Boy Butters....by about 100 points AND wait for it....Mullen too....oh I guess he did win some SEC games with Div 3 talent which is all anyone will get at Arky if they aren't paying them like Nutt and Petrino.
Nobody's winning at Arky.
Good Lord. He was so good he was FIRED.

People bag on me for defending Urban Meyer, a 3-time NC winner and a guy who filled UF's trophy case to the brim and dominated our rivals.....

....and you have the same thing for BURP. For the love of God, why? Why do you love that guy that much? I truly don't get it.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I guess Bert does not look so bad now. They were not happy with winning 7 or games and being reasonably competitive against most of the teams in the west. so they hired an "offensive" guy b/c he liked to run 5 wr sets. Well how did that work for them? total morons. It is called football not offense for a reason

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

People bag on me for defending Urban Meyer, a 3-time NC winner and a guy who filled UF's trophy case to the brim and dominated our rivals.....

....and you have the same thing for BURP. For the love of God, why? Why do you love that guy that much? I truly don't get it.

Physical attraction.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

You(and most of the board) mocked me back in 2015 for saying he would have been a better choice than Butters....Remember?

Say what you will about his record there but he was competitive in most games down to the wire. I think he lost about 8 SEC games in overtime or on the last second. He also took them to 4 bowls(2-2) I believe. Trust me 7-6 and 8-5 at Arky is coaching at a pretty high level...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I guess Bert does not look so bad now. They were not happy with winning 7 or games and being reasonably competitive against most of the teams in the west. so they hired an "offensive" guy b/c he liked to run 5 wr sets. Well how did that work for them? total morons. It is called football not offense for a reason
Now they have 2 buyouts....7-6 is pretty good work at that armpit....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You(and most of the board) mocked me back in 2015 for saying he would have been a better choice than Butters....Remember?
I would STILL mock you for that idiocy. The rotted skeleton of Michael Jackson would have been better than Butters, it really isn't setting a high bar. If you think I was thrilled about Butters I welcome you to head to the archives. Is it possible Burp would have been less bad than Butters? You bet, I guess I can give you that.

The fact is, the guy was 11-29 in SEC play at Arkansas. That will get you fired every time, no matter how close the games were. Burp would have been just as fired as Butters was right now had he been named UF coach.

It still doesn't explain why you love him so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb