Arkansas hires 300-pound Sam Pittman to be head coach

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And yet you seemed enamored with the Butters hire.....
You are a lying POS. I want you to go back and find ONE POST that showed I was enamored with Butters. I hated the hire. I had never heard of the schmuck and thought we could have actually hired a real coach.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah all the new emoji's of Big Mac's and such just showed utter disdain...
I struggle every day as to why I haven't banned you. They ALLLLL showed him being mocked, almost from the start.

You haven't answered the question: WHY do you love Burp?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am sure we are going to hear the same names, but I have to think ARK waits patiently and is going to go all in on Goose Malzahn. I think especially if AU drops home games to end the season against both UGA and Bama, the fans will say okay, you guys can have him this time. And Goose will listen intently b/c the money will not be an issue,.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Good Lord. He was so good he was FIRED.

People bag on me for defending Urban Meyer, a 3-time NC winner and a guy who filled UF's trophy case to the brim and dominated our rivals.....

....and you have the same thing for BURP. For the love of God, why? Why do you love that guy that much? I truly don't get it.
Crete has to be the long lost bastard son of Bert. There’s no other explanation.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am sure we are going to hear the same names, but I have to think ARK waits patiently and is going to go all in on Goose Malzahn. I think especially if AU drops home games to end the season against both UGA and Bama, the fans will say okay, you guys can have him this time. And Goose will listen intently b/c the money will not be an issue,.

That is an interesting question. What happens here if they lose those 2 games - does a true freshman QB starting save his job for another year and does he even want to stay if he could go to another team. He knows he isn't going to get as talented players at Arkansas.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I guess a year and a half is the new standard for horrific coaches.
It's a shame Jeremy Fooley was/is too stupid to do the same to Ron Zook in 2002 and take a chance on a then 36-37 year old Urban Meyer at Bowling Green(I guess better late than never). It's no different when he took a chance on MusDump and Mcelwain.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's a shame Jeremy Fooley was/is too stupid to do the same to Ron Zook in 2002 and take a chance on a then 36-37 year old Urban Meyer at Bowling Green(I guess better late than never). It's no different when he took a chance on MusDump and Mcelwain.

I have no doubt that Foley had to be dragged kicking and screaming to Utah for that interview. The whole thing was Machen from the beginning. I’m convinced now that JF was never going to make that move on Zook if his hand wasn’t forced. I bet that was the most awkward flight ever with pouting, sulking and phone calls just loud enough that everyone could hear him say, “mmmhhmm, mmmhmmm, mmmmhhmm,...no, no, I obviously don’t know what I’m doing, sooo...”

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I have no doubt that Foley had to be dragged kicking and screaming to Utah for that interview. The whole thing was Machen from the beginning. I’m convinced now that JF was never going to make that move on Zook if his hand wasn’t forced. I bet that was the most awkward flight ever with pouting, sulking and phone calls just loud enough that everyone could hear him say, “mmmhhmm, mmmhmmm, mmmmhhmm,...no, no, I obviously don’t know what I’m doing, sooo...”

The one good thing was if Foley wasn't forced to do that he probably couldn't have resisted the pressure to bring Spurrier back again. So he would have been forced to make a great hire either way probably.

I will never forget his statement that Butters would bring back the offensive punch to Gainesville that the fans were demanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.