Arkansas hires 300-pound Sam Pittman to be head coach

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Kiffin would be a great hire for Ark. They would get some instant buzz, he's a decent recruiter and can get an offense together. Will they win anything significant? No, but he'd probably be better than anything theyve had since they won the west in 06.

Kinda like he did out west? I hope so.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Were gonna pluck him fresh off the Belichick coaching tree after he calls another SB winning defense....him and Mullen are best buds from their days of coaching crappy impossible to win at SEC West teams....
I can't imagine why people are not lined up for a guy who's both the garbage coach and a garbage recruiter. throw in that belichick resume thing like Charlie cheeseburger and he should be irresistible

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I can't imagine why people are not lined up for a guy who's both the garbage coach and a garbage recruiter. throw in that belichick resume thing like Charlie cheeseburger and he should be irresistible
Listen you dumbass....he's getting 12Million for NOT TAKING A HC job.....Have you ever been offered 12M for NOT taking a job??? He and Mullen used to eat BBQ together when out on recruiting trips...., he is going to replace TG after this season AND be named Co Head Coach, and you're going to love it as much as Whisky fans loved him for bringing them 3...yes 3 consecutive B10 titles...something no one has ever done before or since.....Trask and Bert are going to lead us to the place were supposed to be,,,,now get over it.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Listen you dumbass....he's getting 12Million for NOT TAKING A HC job.....Have you ever been offered 12M for NOT taking a job??? He and Mullen used to eat BBQ together when out on recruiting trips...., he is going to replace TG after this season AND be named Co Head Coach, and you're going to love it as much as Whisky fans loved him for bringing them 3...yes 3 consecutive B10 titles...something no one has ever done before or since.....Trask and Bert are going to lead us to the place were supposed to be,,,,now get over it.
:barfaway::barfaway::barfaway:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Sad to say for FIU and FAU, but Davis and Kiffin will probably both be heading on to greener pastures after this season. Both were disgraced former Power 5 coaches who took Conference USA jobs to redeem themselves. Considering the speed and reckless abandon with which the coaching carousel spins, both have probably done well enough (Davis 23-15, Kiffin 25-13) to get themselves back to the big leagues.

As I said, it sucks for Panther and Owl fans. They won't get replacement coaches with as much notoriety as the ones they had, which will hurt recruiting for both teams. Probably just as well for us, though. I don't begrudge other Florida universities for having football programs, but I wouldn't want to see them get so successful that they start competing with us for recruits.

That said, I did sort of like the idea of FIU supplanting UM as the most popular NCAA team in Miami. It wouldn't be that hard to get a lot of Cane fans to switch their allegiance. Most of them are more likely to have attended FIU than UM, if they even went to college at all. The Panthers' shocking upset win over the Canes a couple weeks ago could've been a turning point. But if Butch goes, so will all of FIU's momentum.

The big question now is will Butch be considered for the FSU job. A few weeks back I thought he may be a dark horse, thinking they’d prefer a younger coach if they could get one. At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s brought in for 4 or so years just to get them on firm footing. He did a good job at Miami but obviously had issues at UNC. I don’t think those issues would bother the Noles. It’s probably considered a positive in their eyes.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ron English is the man for the job . Perhaps Ron can bring Greg’s sorry ass up to Arkansas with him to call the offense .

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Sad to say for FIU and FAU, but Davis and Kiffin will probably both be heading on to greener pastures after this season. Both were disgraced former Power 5 coaches who took Conference USA jobs to redeem themselves. Considering the speed and reckless abandon with which the coaching carousel spins, both have probably done well enough (Davis 23-15, Kiffin 25-13) to get themselves back to the big leagues.

As I said, it sucks for Panther and Owl fans. They won't get replacement coaches with as much notoriety as the ones they had, which will hurt recruiting for both teams. Probably just as well for us, though. I don't begrudge other Florida universities for having football programs, but I wouldn't want to see them get so successful that they start competing with us for recruits.

That said, I did sort of like the idea of FIU supplanting UM as the most popular NCAA team in Miami. It wouldn't be that hard to get a lot of Cane fans to switch their allegiance. Most of them are more likely to have attended FIU than UM, if they even went to college at all. The Panthers' shocking upset win over the Canes a couple weeks ago could've been a turning point. But if Butch goes, so will all of FIU's momentum.
Who cares about F_U?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Ummmmmmmmm how TF did this slip by all you web sleuths?

Arkansas: Source tells FootballScoop the Razorback search ventured west in recent days, meeting with Mike Leach to discuss the job.

The Pirate in Arkansas? I could totally see this and it could totally work. Backwater programs are his specialty and those hillbillies would love his swag. Might even put a scare into Bama or LSU every couple years. That would be a really fun hire for them and he’s never been concerned with top talent - just gets who he thinks is best. Considering their recruiting challenges, just might work.

AFCatholicGator

Sep 7, 2018
Ummmmmmmmm how TF did this slip by all you web sleuths?

Arkansas: Source tells FootballScoop the Razorback search ventured west in recent days, meeting with Mike Leach to discuss the job.

The Pirate in Arkansas? I could totally see this and it could totally work. Backwater programs are his specialty and those hillbillies would love his swag. Might even put a scare into Bama or LSU every couple years. That would be a really fun hire for them and he’s never been concerned with top talent - just gets who he thinks is best. Considering their recruiting challenges, just might work.

If I’m Ark I’d hire the pirate all day

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
If I’m Ark I’d hire the pirate all day
If Pirate could thrive in Texas, I don’t see why he couldn’t in Arkansas. He’d never work in Georgia but Arkansas is.... eclectic. Got to figure Arkansas can draw just as well as Pullman WA or Lubbock TX, maybe even better. Mizzou is really missing out on their only chances to be relevant too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.