Arkansas State set to sue Miami if payment for canceled game is not made soon

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You can’t like both schools, sorry. Pick one and denounce the other or face a lifetime ban.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Why would anyone expect scUM to do the right thing or show any modicum of class? I think Coral Gables (the dung hole that it is) will freeze over first.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Daytonacane
is it not obvious she is a cane?

the name and the avatar was a big clue for me.

Edit: I guess I missed the joke.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh come on Ox. What if I promise to really dislike that "school out west" (which wouldn't be too hard), can I stay?
Now you are pissing me off.

Rejects. Clowns. Semis. Semenholes. We have a long list but School Up North is a Suckeye thing.

Stop saying School Up North or get banned.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Now Miami is suing Arkansas State....

Turns out Miami is suing Arkansas State, too

http://footballscoop.com/news/turns-miami-suing-arkansas-state/

Arkansas State was supposed to host Miami on Sept. 9 of last year but, as we know, Hurricane Irma wrecked that plan. As the storm wrecked South Florida, Miami decided not to travel to Arkansas and allow its staff and players to prepare their homes and families instead.

And ever since, things have been messy between the two sides.

Arkansas State imposed a deadline of Feb. 15 to get a $650,000 the Red Wolves believes they were owed, as outlined in the contract as the buyout, or to move the scheduled 2017 game to 2020 or ’21.

Miami countered, saying that the force majeure clause of the contract — an act of God, basically — allowed the ‘Canes out of the game for free, and then offered to visit Jonesboro in 2024 or ’25.

Arkansas State rejected those offers, digging up a quote Mark Richt gave a South Florida paper saying that Miami could have played the game if it absolutely had to do so, and argued that every other Florida team either played their Sept. 9 game as scheduled or paid the buyout.

Feb. 15 came and went and Miami sent no payment, so the Red Wolves sued. But it turns out Miami preemptively sued Arkansas State on Feb. 13, seeking decalatory relief from a Miami judge, essentially asking for Miami to be declared in the right and the case to be dismissed.

I’ll stick with my prediction: At some point both sides agree it’d be better to cut bait and move on, as Miami pays Arkansas State an undisclosed settlement below $650,000 and the two sides never play again.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Now Miami is suing Arkansas State....

Turns out Miami is suing Arkansas State, too

http://footballscoop.com/news/turns-miami-suing-arkansas-state/

Arkansas State was supposed to host Miami on Sept. 9 of last year but, as we know, Hurricane Irma wrecked that plan. As the storm wrecked South Florida, Miami decided not to travel to Arkansas and allow its staff and players to prepare their homes and families instead.

And ever since, things have been messy between the two sides.

Arkansas State imposed a deadline of Feb. 15 to get a $650,000 the Red Wolves believes they were owed, as outlined in the contract as the buyout, or to move the scheduled 2017 game to 2020 or ’21.

Miami countered, saying that the force majeure clause of the contract — an act of God, basically — allowed the ‘Canes out of the game for free, and then offered to visit Jonesboro in 2024 or ’25.

Arkansas State rejected those offers, digging up a quote Mark Richt gave a South Florida paper saying that Miami could have played the game if it absolutely had to do so, and argued that every other Florida team either played their Sept. 9 game as scheduled or paid the buyout.

Feb. 15 came and went and Miami sent no payment, so the Red Wolves sued. But it turns out Miami preemptively sued Arkansas State on Feb. 13, seeking decalatory relief from a Miami judge, essentially asking for Miami to be declared in the right and the case to be dismissed.

I’ll stick with my prediction: At some point both sides agree it’d be better to cut bait and move on, as Miami pays Arkansas State an undisclosed settlement below $650,000 and the two sides never play again.
scUM represents everything that is wrong with college athletics. Truly a despicable organization from top to bottom.

nevin-shapiro-picture3.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
scUM represents everything that is wrong with college athletics. Truly a despicable organization from top to bottom.

nevin-shapiro-picture3.jpg

Yep. Ncaa violations, grant scams, ponzi schemes, criminal activity and bandwagon fans in pleated linen shorts.

All boxes checked.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Has everyone noticed that they get little to no money from all of those great former players?

Their former players fall into two groups:
1. They viewed themselves as mercenaries with no ties to the school
2. They are all broke now that their careers are over

You forgot #3...in prison or dead from doing stupid stuff.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The good news is that no credit card misuse!

It’s a fair point. But given Miami’s financial condition and Moody’s credit rating, you have to wonder if you’d even be approved for a credit card in the first place. I mean, maybe one of those bank secured types with like a $500 max at 28 points. Otherwise, I don’t know. With your lack of attendance, rental status and penchant for fraudulent schemes, you may be money-order’ing for the foreseeable future.

But yeah, we beat you to the punch on that one. That darn Callaway.

Jun 2, 2015
Yep. Ncaa violations, grant scams, ponzi schemes, criminal activity and bandwagon fans in pleated linen shorts.

All boxes checked.

We are trying hard to be good guys but I doubt we will ever shake off our prior reputation no matter what we do. But pleated linen shorts???? Oh well, at least they are not Jorts. LOL

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s a fair point. But given Miami’s financial condition and Moody’s credit rating, you have to wonder if you’d even be approved for a credit card in the first place. I mean, maybe one of those bank secured types with like a $500 max at 28 points. Otherwise, I don’t know. With your lack of attendance, rental status and penchant for fraudulent schemes, you may be money-order’ing for the foreseeable future.
So that answers the question. Sofla will punch a lady.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.