Army All-American game

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was impressive given that he had three recruits when he arrived. Richt didnt actively try to destroy Ugly the way Fooley's Boy Toy did us.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
“I would definitely consider Florida,” Rivals100 defensive back Asante Samuel Jr. said. “But they haven’t offered me. I can’t tell you why. They have offered DBs smaller than me and slower than me. They offer late, man. They get in late then it’s an uphill battle and becomes a hard process for them.
--------------------------------------------

Why are we waiting until late in the game to offer a kid like this? You see this a lot with this staff.
Unless this kid has an Aaron Hernandez type character this is so damning to this staff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Unless this kid has an Aaron Hernandez type character this is so damning to this staff.
It might also be questionable if it were not for the fact that nearly every one mentions Florida arriving late to the scene.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
“I would definitely consider Florida,” Rivals100 defensive back Asante Samuel Jr. said. “But they haven’t offered me. I can’t tell you why. They have offered DBs smaller than me and slower than me. They offer late, man. They get in late then it’s an uphill battle and becomes a hard process for them.
--------------------------------------------

Why are we waiting until late in the game to offer a kid like this? You see this a lot with this staff.

We need to see which of our 2 and 3 stars accept and decline before offering a top 100 kid so we know we have room for him.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Ruggs looked impressive. Is he on our watch list?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yes...watch him go elsewhere.
:lol: I hope my fellow posters don't think I'm just piling on but at this point I'd almost rather not know who is offered or on our want list....This staff is like a huge can of "Talent away" ......I've never seen anything like it. Hell, even when UT had that joke of a coach Dooley they were recruiting better than we are now.....

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes...watch him go elsewhere.
I rembember reading in here that was Bama's leftovers. He looked anything but that. He was fast and very athletic with decent size.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Here's 247:

Outta the Top 247:

FSU has 8 commits. 5 top 100.
UT has 5 commits. 1 top 5; 3 top 100

UGA has 16 commits. 5 top 100

SCAR has 4 commits. 2 top 100

UF has 3 commits. 1 top 100
#95- Blades
#154- Green
#176- Wilson

Players in running for:

#46-Ray
#80- Parks
#96- Kane Taylor
#110- Henderson
#118- Robinson
#146- Stewart
#161- Slaton
#166- Jones
#247- Chandler

We're reduced to getting the low 4 stars

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's 247:

Outta the Top 247:

#95- Blades
#154- Green
#176- Wilson

Players in running for:

#46-Ray
#80- Parks
#96- Kane Taylor
#110- Henderson
#118- Robinson
#146- Stewart
#161- Slaton
#166- Jones
#247- Chandler

:(

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here's 247:

Outta the Top 247:

#95- Blades
#154- Green
#176- Wilson

Players in running for:

#46-Ray
#80- Parks
#96- Kane Taylor
#110- Henderson
#118- Robinson
#146- Stewart
#161- Slaton
#166- Jones
#247- Chandler

:doh:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So the obvious question is why are we so late to get on recruits?

My guess is that Mac targets a certain few without having any long range back up plan. He's appears to be so overconfident in his and his staff's recruiting abilities that he's caught off guard by all the rejections and has to regroup in the middle of recruiting season thus getting on second choice guys late. He's spent too much time trying to cast a wide net instead of lazer focus on all the top guys in the state of Florida. He should keep up some recruiting in Georgia and North Carolina and forget wasting much time in Alabama and Louisiana. Make phone calls to all the top guys in the country and follow up with letters, phone calls and invitations to visit. Most of that kind of recruiting can be done by staff underlings and not coaches. If there is real interest then plan on a face to face meet and greet sales pitch with strong and constant coaches' follow up. And when we get any opportunity to get these guys on campus every damn minute should be planned out and choreographed to blow them away.

I wish Mac was more like the guy Minnesota just got. That guy is all about recruiting with the understanding that it's a hell of a lot easier to get guys who already know how to play at a high level than it is to "coach 'em up" to play that way.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My take on why is really simple. He and his staff just aren't cut out for big boy football. They are purely reactionary in nature. No forward thinking. No real long term plan and a detailed process to realize the goals of the plan. They get lapped by the big boys who know and are working these kids before Mac and Co even realize they might need some of them in the future. Couple that with the "golly gee shucks, it sure is kewl to play for the gators" schtick and this is what we end up with.

They aren't passionate about recruiting or anything else for that matter and thus, little motivation to get after it early and compete late. Oh well, at least we have basketba.... errr... ahhh... I mean baseball.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My take on why is really simple. He and his staff just aren't cut out for big boy football. They are purely reactionary in nature. No forward thinking. No real long term plan and a detailed process to realize the goals of the plan. They get lapped by the big boys who know and are working these kids before Mac and Co even realize they might need some of them in the future. Couple that with the "golly gee shucks, it sure is kewl to play for the gators" schtick and this is what we end up with.

They aren't passionate about recruiting or anything else for that matter and thus, little motivation to get after it early and compete late. Oh well, at least we have basketba.... errr... ahhh... I mean baseball.
But the thing is Mac KNOWS what it takes. He has seen it first hand at Bama. I realize he's working with a smaller budget and staff, but guys have done much better with much less. I agree, it's got to be his lack of passion for it. Perhaps he just preferred someone else doing the work of providing him with the players he could then call the plays for at Bama.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Something or someone is daft.
Something = recruiting reconnaissance (real early).
Someone = multiple coaches not thinking that guys not here are Gator's lifeblood & lifeblood of coaches' jobs.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps he just preferred someone else doing the work of providing him with the players he could then call the plays for at Bama.
This is exactly the reason. He's not motivated like the hotshot HCs are to do that stuff, and that's what it takes. It's also why our team rarely looks motivated. Motivation filters down; without it at the top, it wont exist at the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.