Art Briles has a job

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
POS will never land a coaching gig in the US again.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
He got a job in Canada??? That does surprise me considering his past.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I read somewhere that sponsors had a lot to do with the decision. I do wonder what management was thinking.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
At 63 yrs old...why? Retire. If football means that much to you, is it possible this is why you are where you are? Do you put the game before anything else?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At 63 yrs old...why? Retire. If football means that much to you, is it possible this is why you are where you are? Do you put the game before anything else?
There are so many young men out there finding their way who need to be molded into rapists. His work will never be done.

Last edited:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

Not saying Briles is a great coach but I guarantee you football means that much to every football coach who was ever great.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Not saying Briles is a great coach but I guarantee you football means that much to every football coach who was ever great.
Paterno? Bowden? Osborne? Meyer?

Why do I feel like Spurrier isnt like those guys though? Is it bias? While a major dick he still had a moral compass. Am I wrong?

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

Why do I feel like Spurrier isnt like those guys though? Is it bias? While a major dick he still had a moral compass. Am I wrong?

No doubt he has a moral compass, that's not necessarily what I meant. I meant coaching football just means way more than it should to all the great coaches. Hell Spurrier was still coaching several weeks ago until his league got cancelled. And I'd bet anything he'll be coaching again next year somewhere if given the opportunity. It just means way too much to the great ones.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt he has a moral compass, that's not necessarily what I meant. I meant coaching football just means way more than it should to all the great coaches. Hell Spurrier was still coaching several weeks ago until his league got cancelled. And I'd bet anything he'll be coaching again next year somewhere if given the opportunity. It just means way too much to the great ones.
It's obviously a tragic flaw for some coaches. Our guy seems to have his priorities in order. I understand your point...I'm just tying it altogether.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Spurrier raised by a Pastor Dad and Pastor's wife Mom.? Shows going to UF didn't ruin Steve's morals ... can be said of Wuerffel and Tebow too.

GatorRaed

Jan 3, 2019
As someone who has a dad around Briles' age, I can tell you from experience that some people (especially that absolutely love their profession) just can not retire gracefully regardless of how financially secure they are. It's a combination of work ethic and lack of outside hobbies. Considering that he uprooted his life post-Baylor to go coach in Canada and Italy, I'd say that football is his life.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Yes. The difference between Spurrier and walking liver spots like Bowden and Paterno, is that Paterno and Bowden's ENTIRE identities were wrapped up in their stupid 'legacy.' Meyer may end up down the same sad, pathetic path. If you're wearing an adult diaper and pretending to be a coach on the sideline while your players are raping coeds and your coaches are raping little boys, you pretty much should have hung it up at least a decade ago. (Note to Art: Don't wait until you're slipping on those Depends, you've already done enough damage.)

Spurrier walked away as soon as he realized there was someone better out there to do the job. He got recruited to take the Orlando job and went out and had fun with it, just like he did anything else. Beneath it all, Steve never liked the adoration and attention from fans, he always seemed embarrassed and uncomfortable with it. His thing was that he was one of these ultra-competitive dudes, which irritated people. But he no more would have kept coaching with a crappy record to satisfy his ego, like Paterno and Bowden did, then he would have taken a job as a QB coach for the Dogs.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UF should show calm pride in this unique accumulation of facts = 3 nationally spotlighted Heisman winners. Beyond those national awards, UF should remind and impress recruits' parents of UF's totally unique "nurturing-without-contamination" 3 of the best Christian, faithfully moral CFB athletes in CFB history. And their moral standards have still never faltered = zero scandals in an ongoing record spanning a total of 94 years and ongoing: SOS 55+ years, DW 26+ years, TT 13+ years. Unmatched anywhere, by God!

Acknowledge our UF's unique positive nurturing as the college that has allowed the "growth" of these 3 unblemished moral leaders of men, leaders of of life. The UF atmosphere nurtured this, did not contaminate. For 94 years, and still going, since entering UF, these college football students have not faltered as ideal examples of highest character, finest leadership. Spurrier, Weurffel, Tebow, to a great degree, that's a college credit that should count for something. Surely all that deserves to appear in enlarged bold print in any UF recruiting brochure that goes into every recruit's home. Give people the right thing to think about, regardless of which school a kid chooses.

Last edited:

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
There are so many young men out there finding their way who need to be molded into rapists. His work will never be done.
I remember his pep talks to us before we went out looking for women. Good times.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
UF should show calm pride in this unique accumulation of facts = 3 nationally spotlighted Heisman winners. Beyond those national awards, UF should remind and impress recruits' parents of UF's totally unique "nurturing-without-contamination" 3 of the best Christian, faithfully moral CFB athletes in CFB history. And their moral standards have still never faltered = zero scandals in an ongoing record spanning a total of 94 years and ongoing: SOS 55+ years, DW 26+ years, TT 13+ years. Unmatched anywhere, by God!

Acknowledge our UF's unique positive nurturing as the college that has allowed the "growth" of these 3 unblemished moral leaders of men, leaders of of life. The UF atmosphere nurtured this, did not contaminate. For 94 years, and still going, since entering UF, these college football students have not faltered as ideal examples of highest character, finest leadership. Spurrier, Weurffel, Tebow, to a great degree, that's a college credit that should count for something. Surely all that deserves to appear in enlarged bold print in any UF recruiting brochure that goes into every recruit's home. Give people the right thing to think about, regardless of which school a kid chooses.
While a great sentiment, for many this is trumped by the offer of $120K a year and an apartment for their baby and baby’s momma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator