As much as I hate Muschamp...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, just no. Mushcrap couldn't hold JMac's jock when it comes to head coaching. Give me a freaking break. Some of you chicken little's need glasses. The plays have been there, the ball just isn't getting delivered accurately and on time. Nothing will fix our ground game with the Oline youth and inexperience we have this year. It's a freaking miracle they've been able to do what they have.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've had my frustrations the past few weeks, and some of it has been directed at Mac, but mostly Treon and the OLine.

Any serious criticism of Mac at this point is like winning the Powerball and bitching about the taxes

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What would you change in our offensive gameplan. Can't really run the ball more. The O Line is too young and inexperienced. A quick passing game is out of the question with Treon at qb. His timing and accuracy on those routes is terrible. The best part of Treons game is his legs, but he has been way too indecisive on when to take off this year. The best play in the book is chuck it deep to Callaway and hope he makes a play. At this point I think Mac and Nuss are sticking with the playbook because they are looking towards the future. Why throw out the playbook and stunt the development of ten guys to benefit one guy who has 1 game left as a starter?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What quarterback, behind this line and lack of a running game... blows up against Alabama? Which member of our offensive line would you see possible in the NFL next year? McElwain had 4 scholarhip linemen when he came in, 4. Harris isn't a good fit for this offense, but he is made worse without a line in front of him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mushcrap was 1 - 3 vs. UGa and Swamped Gator thought he was on to something? Only took him 4 years to get "onto something." Wow.
Yeah, he was "on to something" with the same game plan that made him 0-4 or 1-3 vs pretty much everyone.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm positive on Mac overall. We're just not playing well on offense or STs. He has to take some responsibility...no?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
On offense, after being left 4 offensive linemen? No.

On ST? yes. He's obviously doing everything possible to fix that. There were just so many holes in the foundation I guess he didn't notice the kicker situation. He appears to be dating a kicker at the moment.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
It is interesting. Reminds me a lot of Muschamp in the way he was defended religiously. Nothing was ever Muschamp's fault. Every excuse was made for his inadequacies. Mac seems bullet proof on here. Much like his predecessor for the longest time. Grier and Harris were actually embroiled in a QB controversy for weeks. Hard to believe. Mac was fooled on that ridiculous fake FG. And we can't score to save our lives right now and he's supposed to be this offensive god.

As others point out, it is less a matter of giving excuses for Mac and more a matter of giving him some slack based on the hand he was dealt. What I have struggled with this season is to understand if Nuss can't play call and Mac's letting him feel his way through it, or if Mac is active in the offensive play calling and it is a staff effort to limit our options. At this point, there is no answer to the question of coaching capacity when it is evidently a QB capability question that has hamstrung our offense. Maybe next year with a functional QB and a spring term (for EE's) or a year and half (for del Rio) we can have someone capable of managing that position and we can get a better feel of the coaching capabilities. To this point, they can't call more than a dozen plays based on our OL and QB. That we have a dozen plays they can get out of that thin, weak roster is some credit to their ability. However, I can't say we've got an offensive god when we have players who are turnstiles and tackling dummies for opposing defenses.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is interesting. Reminds me a lot of Muschamp in the way he was defended religiously. Nothing was ever Muschamp's fault. Every excuse was made for his inadequacies. Mac seems bullet proof on here. Much like his predecessor for the longest time. Grier and Harris were actually embroiled in a QB controversy for weeks. Hard to believe. Mac was fooled on that ridiculous fake FG. And we can't score to save our lives right now and he's supposed to be this offensive god.

I'm happy for the year since we got to ATL. Ten wins is good. Our schedule wasn't very good though. Mac will end up 1-4 vs ranked teams. That's not what you're looking for even in year one. I'm sure I'll get called all kinds of names but it is just a matter of prospective. Would anyone think we would be winning with Muschamp's defense? Crazy.

I don't think anyone is saying he is Teflon, but for all the complaining you did about Muschamp and the roster Muschamp created you think all those holes could be fixed in one recruiting cycle? It seems your argument is for the sake of complaining.

We don't have SEC depth at Oline, why?Muschamp didn't recruit enough (hardly any Offensive Linemen).
We don't have SEC depth at quarterback, why? Mushcamp left the position really untouched recruiting wise until 2014.
We don't have SEC talent/depth at Wide Reciever, why? See the previous answers.

The fake field goal is on this staff. But it is also LSU at night, crazy $hit happens there. FSU/Alabama exposed our lack of talent at multiple positions. We can't coach past a lack of talent every game. We lack talent at the most important positions on offense quarterback and offensive line. You can call all the plays you want, but it's going to have the same result when the defense is 5 yards in your backfield.

We don't know what we have in McElwain, and probably truly won't for another two years due to lack of depth at many positions. You complained about Muschamp, and pointed out roster and coaching flaws. Then you expect his replacement to fix them all in one season? Really?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On offense, after being left 4 offensive linemen? No.

On ST? yes. He's obviously doing everything possible to fix that. There were just so many holes in the foundation I guess he didn't notice the kicker situation. He appears to be dating a kicker at the moment.

Rumor is that he has already gotten to second base.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
The OP is completely wrong. If that plan vs uga was good enough to beat everyone, chump would still be the HC at UF. Treon isn't getting it done, but that doesn't mean "chump was right."

We have Mac, and I'm done looking back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With all due respect, and I do mean all due respect, STFU.

..........However, he inherited this shiiit sandwich and had just a couple of weeks before Signing Day last year to do anything at all. He did the best he could. At least he didn't pull a Daztard or Chimp and sign two OL for the fourth time in recent years. He zeroed in on Callaway and Scarlett and brought home the trophies. He knows what he is doing. Even the great recruiter Urban Leyer didn't turn it around in one year.

I love that you've made the transition from seriously criticizing the coaching hire to adamantly defending the guy. You are definitely on board with Coach MacDaddy.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think anyone is saying he is Teflon, but for all the complaining you did about Muschamp and the roster Muschamp created you think all those holes could be fixed in one recruiting cycle? It seems your argument is for the sake of complaining.

We don't have SEC depth at Oline, why?Muschamp didn't recruit enough (hardly any Offensive Linemen).
We don't have SEC depth at quarterback, why? Mushcamp left the position really untouched recruiting wise until 2014.
We don't have SEC talent/depth at Wide Reciever, why? See the previous answers.

The fake field goal is on this staff. But it is also LSU at night, crazy $hit happens there. FSU/Alabama exposed our lack of talent at multiple positions. We can't coach past a lack of talent every game. We lack talent at the most important positions on offense quarterback and offensive line. You can call all the plays you want, but it's going to have the same result when the defense is 5 yards in your backfield.

We don't know what we have in McElwain, and probably truly won't for another two years due to lack of depth at many positions. You complained about Muschamp, and pointed out roster and coaching flaws. Then you expect his replacement to fix them all in one season? Really?

Not at all. I like a lot of stuff he's done. You can look at your response and others and can see the auto-defense mechanisms go on. I'm not saying he sucks or fire him or anything close. He got ten wins by squeezing blood out of a rock. I get all that but if anyone tries to have an honest discourse about the things that need work...it's blasphemy.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not at all. I like a lot of stuff he's done. You can look at your response and others and can see the auto-defense mechanisms go on. I'm not saying he sucks or fire him or anything close. He got ten wins by squeezing blood out of a rock. I get all that but if anyone tries to have an honest discourse about the things that need work...it's blasphemy.

How so, we don't know what we have. We won't know until we have a more complete roster. But because that is being stated you have to have an excuse for people to bring those things up. It's his job to build the roster, and that is on him. So are we supposed to change the facts, so you can complain.

If you know the fact that McElwain came in with hardly any offensive talent, how can we really judge what he can do? Now if 3 years from now we still only have 6 scholarship offensive linemen. That is on him. The defense is what he walked into, lack of talent at every offensive postion. He can't change the offense midseason when trying to lay down a foundation for years 2 or 3. This year is the start of a of the building, and had some help with the weakness of the East. We lost to the only three teams that we should have equal talent as we do, and we should be striving to have equal talent with all three of those programs. We currently do not due to the previous administration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator