Athlon 2015 SEC predictions

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Saw this posted.

Athlon has been tweeting out their early conference predictions for 2015.

SEC:

East
1. Georgia
2. Missouri
3. Tennessee
4. Florida
5. South Carolina
6. Kentucky
7. Vanderbilt

West
1. Alabama
2. Auburn
3. LSU
4. Ole Miss
5. Arkansas
6. Texas A&M
7. Miss St

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n159473 said:
Saw this posted.

Athlon has been tweeting out their early conference predictions for 2015.

SEC:

East
1. Georgia
2. Missouri
3. Tennessee
4. Florida
5. South Carolina
6. Kentucky
7. Vanderbilt

West
1. Alabama
2. Auburn
3. LSU
4. Ole Miss
5. Arkansas
6. Texas A&M
7. Miss St

Why too early predictions, but we are getting no respect in them.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n159486 said:
Why too early predictions, but we are getting no respect in them.

Actually I think we are about where we should be in them as far as a neutral party looking at it. I think most non Gator fans would think Tenn is ready to have a better season this season than us with all those young players who got experience and that QB that took over playing as good as he did near the end of the season. We know we will beat them again however.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Until slUT actually proves it can beat us, any poll listing them above us is total BS. Me thinks this poll, produced by a company in Tennessee, is a bit slanted.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n159489 said:
Actually I think we are about where we should be in them as far as a neutral party looking at it. I think most non Gator fans would think Tenn is ready to have a better season this season than us with all those young players who got experience and that QB that took over playing as good as he did near the end of the season. We know we will beat them again however.

too early without the recruiting classes in, and the spring drills started. Most people on the outside think Tennesse is on the upswing. Missouri should have some early issues with the new d-line. Georgia is always "loaded" but always allowed the coaching to bring them down.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete will be angry. He has Arky winning the whole damn thing.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tennessee ranked above us? Can anybody say 10 in a row?:lol:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n159516 said:
too early without the recruiting classes in, and the spring drills started. Most people on the outside think Tennesse is on the upswing. Missouri should have some early issues with the new d-line. Georgia is always "loaded" but always allowed the coaching to bring them down.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I don't even know what Georgia's QB situation is and don't know much about what Missouri has coming back. Tenn does seem to be set at the QB position which is always a big plus. The East will be wide open most likely for everyone except KY and Vandy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda surprising they have us above USC. Think we struggle vs Kintucky also.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n159521 said:
It will be interesting to see what happens. I don't even know what Georgia's QB situation is and don't know much about what Missouri has coming back. Tenn does seem to be set at the QB position which is always a big plus. The East will be wide open most likely for everyone except KY and Vandy.

Last year was the same way, and with the staff we had we $hit the bed. Now we have turn over as much as the other schools. It will definitely be interesting.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The East is wide open, as it has been since 2010.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I think we're about right on that list. TN has their QB and RB, and overall *has* been on the upswing. As much as I'll chant along with 10-in-a-row, this could be the one that ends the streak. And, I can't put UGA atop the East - as noted, the coaching finds a way to screw it up (yay Richt extension!). Don't know how long Mizz will be at the top by default, seems their luck has to run out soon.

On the West, I raise an eyebrow to the placement of the Magnolia teams. MSU at the bottom? Ole Miss ahead of ARK? And like Mizz, there is some black magic in LSU and without any reason I have a feeling Les is going to do well again.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It is very early, I'd like to see how signing day shakes out, we may not have enough offensive linemen to field a team. That being said Missouri loses alot on both lines of scrimmage. They lose their defensive coordinator and defensive line coach. Georgia loses quite a bit aswell. Not only are they breaking a new a oc they're breaking in a new qb and receivers. South Carolina also loses their qb and damn near everyone in the trenches on both sides of the ball. The east is wide open.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tennessee hasn't beat us in a decade. These rankings are ludicrous

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n159516 said:

UGA will be breaking in a new QB. They can't just give it to Chubb every play, well, maybe they think that they can. However, given what we did to him this past season for the last three quarters of that game, you'd have to think that the rest of the league will have figured out how to stop or slow him down.

I thought that the most curious predictions were in the West. Miss St gonna fall all the way down to last place? And Ole Miss still ahead of the Piggies? There could be a logjam on that side of the league more than half-way into the season.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Too damned early, at least wait until after signing day. Regardless, we own UcheaT...not buying into their hype machine.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n160361 said:
UGA will be breaking in a new QB. .
I love this game. We played it last year. UGA, Tinerc, Mizzu, Bammer, LSU and everyone else is breaking in a new QB and we have the experienced First Round Draft Pick* Future Heisman Jeffy Duhhriskel returning so we are going to win it all!!!!!! Yeah, I LOVE this game.

*Trust me, coz Andrieu and Duuley told me it's true.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n159517 said:
Concrete will be angry. He has Arky winning the whole damn thing.

I said and believe that Arky under the steady guidance of Bielema will be 2nd at worst this year and will be a force to be reckoned with as long as he stays ay Arky. AU will be 4th behind LSU and Miss schools will both be sucking horribly while fighting for last place in the west.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.