Athlon Sports has Gators finishing in the Top 10 in 2019

Jun 2, 2015
Yep I think whether we impose our will on offense will come down mostly to our running game. If we get in a lot of obvious passing downs that could cause some trouble possibly but our receivers should have an advantage over your secondary if there is time to throw.

Isn't the O line on Miami a hot mess?

Agree that your receivers should have advantage over our secondary and yes, our OL is a hot mess. Our only advantage is that our stellar defense can possibly penetrate your young OL to Franks before he can throw. How well has Franks performed against a good defensive team? Does he get easily rattled?

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I know I've probably said this before but Daytona + Cane are the two trashiest things you can put together in this country.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
True, and Miami has won 7 of the last 8 games and Miami & FL are 3-3 in neutral terrritory so that is a crap shoot.
Im talking about the past of the coaches you have on the field. The guy whose defense has been mediocre at best everywhere, and the guy whose offense got him fired at directional Meatchkn.

You aren't anything like the scUM teams of the 80s or 90s. Hell, you aren't that far removed from being FAU. In a decade, they will probably be THE team from south Florida.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Agree that your receivers should have advantage over our secondary and yes, our OL is a hot mess. Our only advantage is that our stellar defense can possibly penetrate your young OL to Franks before he can throw. How well has Franks performed against a good defensive team? Does he get easily rattled?

He improved a lot in 2018 and Coach Mullen is pretty good at calling plays to help him out.

I think in 2018 we pretty much fared well as long as the running game was going good though we ran decent against Georgia and lost that game anyway.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
IPAs are the worst thing to ever happen to American beer, which includes Natty Light.
You guys hating on IPAs crack me up. Different strokes for different folks. If you don’t like them, don’t drink them. To my taste, light beers are awful and totally devoid of flavor, but when my buddies who drink them are coming over, I make sure to have them on hand. I also think the fruit flavored beers are silly, yet will put a lime in a Mexican beer. In general I prefer lagers and pilseners, but on occasion drink ales and even stout. It seems to me an odd thing to feel so strongly about.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You guys hating on IPAs crack me up. Different strokes for different folks. If you don’t like them, don’t drink them. To my taste, light beers are awful and totally devoid of flavor, but when my buddies who drink them are coming over, I make sure to have them on hand. I also think the fruit flavored beers are silly, yet will put a lime in a Mexican beer. In general I prefer lagers and pilseners, but on occasion drink ales and even stout. It seems to me an odd thing to feel so strongly about.
We just hate seeing our fellow American males having their nuts cut off and swilling pisswater.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
All this vitriol towards IPA's is lost on me. I love a good hoppy IPA. I don't drink a lot of beer these days (its all about wine for me), but when I do, its almost always a nice hoppy IPA. Think its funny many are referring to them as pisswater as that's exactly what a light beer tastes like to me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All this vitriol towards IPA's is lost on me. I love a good hoppy IPA. I don't drink a lot of beer these days (its all about wine for me), but when I do, its almost always a nice hoppy IPA. Think its funny many are referring to them as pisswater as that's exactly what a light beer tastes like to me.
Light beer sucks too. I don't get people who just arent man enough to drink any beer that is watered down 1/2 and 1/2 either.

Hops tastes like soap.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys hating on IPAs crack me up. Different strokes for different folks.
No, it isn't different strokes. Its the same damn stroke for Iphone worshipers/Starbucks chasers/IPA piss drinkers, undoubtedly wearing a man bun at some point recently and having a closet full of flannel shirts for that lumbersexual look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb