Auburn at LSU - anyone think Auburn wins?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Auburn is at LSU, day game: 3:30 kickoff.

Anybody think Auburn can pull this out? I'm curious to see how their D attacks LSU - after watching our failure to slow down that offense. Miss State actually sacked Burrow 3 times (and pulled his pants down once in the process).

LSU is -11.5 (opening line).

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Auburn's defensive line is good enough to get to JB and disrupt him. However I don't think their offense is good enough to keep up with LSU. LSU pulls away late and wins this one by 17.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Doubtful unless Auburn lives in the LSU backfield.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think Barn can keep it close if they get their run game going. I think they'll come up with the best defensive game plan to slow LSU down that we've seen this year. Also, don't put it past Barn to take a cheap low shot at Burrow. Burrow hasn't been uncomfortable all year, if Barn can't get him uncomfortable, I doubt anyone else Lsu will see the rest of their schedule could either.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think Barn can keep it close if they get their run game going. I think they'll come up with the best defensive game plan to slow LSU down that we've seen this year. Also, don't put it past Barn to take a cheap low shot at Burrow. Burrow hasn't been uncomfortable all year, if Barn can't get him uncomfortable, I doubt anyone else Lsu will see the rest of their schedule could either.

This is my thinking. Miss State's D is horrible this year and they got to him 3 times. I'm sure Brady calls a similar quick strike passing attack as he did w/ us, so I'm curious to see how Auburn counters that. Their DL is legit, and their D overall is very solid. I'm not sure they can outscore LSU though. I want to see how the media darling Burrow does under heavy pressure all day - if Auburn can accomplish that.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Barns front seven is legit, but no one has been able to slow LSU’s offense down. Can’t see the Barn keeping up offensively.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Something else to think about on this game is Gus's hot seat. If he loses this game, he also likely loses to Bama and Uga. Maybe he beats Uga, but still 3 or 4 loss regular season again with the possibility with another in the bowl. Since Gus's magical 1st year when he had all the breaks before choking against the Noles in the title game. He has had at least 4 losses every year since. There were a ton of rumors that he almost got canned after last season, that's just a year removed from a contract extension. Got to believe he gets the axe with 3 or more losses, especially with another to Bama. So I think Gus will try to pull out all stops to win this one. Still like Lsu though, close.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Barns front seven is legit, but no one has been able to slow LSU’s offense down. Can’t see the Barn keeping up offensively.

I seriously doubt Lsu will gash them in the run game like they did us. I think Lsu will throw on them fine, but running on them will be hard.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I seriously doubt Lsu will gash them in the run game like they did us. I think Lsu will throw on them fine, but running on them will be hard.

Everybody, well...most everybody, thought they wouldn't be able to run much on us either. Their passing is so good, defenses start backing off the LOS to get a better chance to stop the pass, then the run game opens up. LSU is just really hard to defend this year. We're beginning to get that way now too with Trask.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Everybody, well...most everybody, thought they wouldn't be able to run much on us either. Their passing is so good, defenses start backing off the LOS to get a better chance to stop the pass, then the run game opens up. LSU is just really hard to defend this year. We're beginning to get that way now too with Trask.

If Auburn’s front 7 can’t slow down their run game some, then I doubt anyone else they play will either.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Something else to think about on this game is Gus's hot seat. If he loses this game, he also likely loses to Bama and Uga. Maybe he beats Uga, but still 3 or 4 loss regular season again with the possibility with another in the bowl. Since Gus's magical 1st year when he had all the breaks before choking against the Noles in the title game. He has had at least 4 losses every year since. There were a ton of rumors that he almost got canned after last season, that's just a year removed from a contract extension. Got to believe he gets the axe with 3 or more losses, especially with another to Bama. So I think Gus will try to pull out all stops to win this one. Still like Lsu though, close.

It's very difficult to have a 10 win season with a true freshman QB while you play against potentially 5 top 10 teams.

I don't think LSU was motivated against MSU. They will be ready for Auburn.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It's all been said already, but if the LSU O-line can run consistently against AU and protect Burrow, then they will be in great shape to win at Bama. If LSU can stymie the AU front 4 then they can also compete with Bama's front. I think that AU's only chance is too completely shut down the LSU run game and help their weak secondary.

But this is an interesting game as I got to thinking. So before everyone yells at me b/c I know, yes, we beat AU at home, but I got to thinking. Of all the 1 loss teams out there, AU is by far in the best position to rise should they win out. Now I am not saying they are going to win out. I am saying that by still having LSU, UGA and Bama on the schedule, their numbers would skyrocket if they were to win out. It is very doubtful but the difficult schedule helps them in a scenario where the chips all fall their way.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Anything is possible if they can disrupt Burroughs. They did get to Trask a few times. Don't see it happening though.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here's why LSU is so dangerous. They don't go for broke, they don't turn over the ball, they do both phases of the offense exceptionally well. They are one helluva dangerous run team.

I forget the name of the OC, but the guy knew Burrow, helped recruit him a year ago and he's tailored the offense perfectly to his quarterback. Quick hits, over the middle, lots of timing stuff that Burrow, who's first-rate NFL material, is able to capitalize on. He carved us up.

Tua is damaged goods. Until Burrow is the same, my money is on LSU beyond this game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's why LSU is so dangerous. They don't go for broke, they don't turn over the ball, they do both phases of the offense exceptionally well. They are one helluva dangerous run team.

I forget the name of the OC, but the guy knew Burrow, helped recruit him a year ago and he's tailored the offense perfectly to his quarterback. Quick hits, over the middle, lots of timing stuff that Burrow, who's first-rate NFL material, is able to capitalize on. He carved us up.

Tua is damaged goods. Until Burrow is the same, my money is on LSU beyond this game.

Remember after last year's game everyone was saying "Aren't you glad we didn't get Burrow?" (implying that Franks was better)......sort of like the love fest Grantham got after the Auburn game. Then came LSU 2019.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remember after last year's game everyone was saying "Aren't you glad we didn't get Burrow?" (implying that Franks was better)......sort of like the love fest Grantham got after the Auburn game. Then came LSU 2019.
I remember looking at his Ohio State tape, not feeling overly impressed and posting, what's the big deal? I was so wrong.

He's the real deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.