Auburn at LSU - anyone think Auburn wins?

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by BMF, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey US Flu Deaths 30000-80000yr, Obama h1n1 13,000
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $50,949
    Ratings:
    +75,794 / -4,582
    Bama gonna punk them.

Only you and Corch think Corndogs are the best team in history.

Yes, Corch actually called them that. The best team ever.

Trailerbammers wont we playing a soft three or four high.

78 Dazed and Confused
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $14,522
      Ratings:
      +20,571 / -1,109
      Bama's going into that game with a quarterback still very much on the mend from a high ankle.

Bama may win at home but I doubt they will be punking LSU. I see it as a close game, very back and forth.

• BMF

BMF Bad Mother....
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $14,706
        Ratings:
        +20,396 / -281
        I'm not sure why you're tossing me in w/ Corch. I've never said LSU is the best team in the country...in fact, I gave Auburn a fighting chance - and they came damn close, at least they had a good Defensive game plan. But if for some reason Alabama doesn't punk them, we'd likely play LSU...if we can get past UGA. LSU's Texas win was overblown, UF was without two starting DE's - and Mullen made a couple of head scratchers (which I hope he won't make in a re-match), and Auburn's D showed that the LSU O can be stopped.

I think, right now, Ohio State is probably the best team in the country. Urban left Ryan Day a hell of a roster and he's managing it well. I hate Ohio State, so I'd be pulling for whoever the opponent is...except for UGA, if they were to make it to the title game.

#103 BMF, Oct 28, 2019
        Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
        • Malaka

Malaka Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
          $359
          Ratings:
          +360 / -46

If we could only block like this.....

• BMF

BMF Bad Mother....
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $14,706
            Ratings:
            +20,396 / -281
            Didn't want to start a thread on this...but this is pretty significant news for LSU, as their pass rush wasn't that impressive to begin with. This kid had a sack on Trask late in the game vs. us and looks like he's done for the season:

Ed Orgeron announces LSU DT has stepped away from team

Ed Orgeron announces LSU DT has stepped away from team

LSU will be down a defensive lineman for the remainder of the 2019 season.

Ed Orgeron announced Tuesday that junior defensive tackle Justin Thomas has left the team.

“Justin Thomas has withdrawn from school for personal reasons,” Orgeron told reporters at his Tuesday post-practice press conference. “Hopefully, he’ll be back in the spring.”

Last month, Orgeron praised Thomas for helping LSU to a Week 7 win over Florida.

“Justin Thomas, turning into one of our defensive line pass-rushers. Michael Divinity in the middle. The sack at the end ignited the crowd. We’re going to have to find a way to rush those four and play coverage.

“Justin Thomas coming in on third down. Our guys never got tired during the game. I told our coaches we have to be able to rotate, win the game in the fourth quarter. I was proud of our rotation. Our guys were ready to go.”

Thomas appeared in five games this season, recording eight tackles, including two TFL and a sack.

• Gator By Marriage

Gator By Marriage A convert to Gatorism
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $7,640
            Ratings:
            +7,823 / -119
            Damn, the guy couldn't wait one more week?