Auburn collapse imminent

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Clearly he's just trying to create a little adversity. After all, if they don't have that, what would they overcome?

If you combine the defections in his first year at UF with what we've seen thus far at Aub, he's probably sitting at around 25, with 40 well in reach.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder if Gus is having second thoughts? :lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Auburn was 79th in total defense last year.

I hate Muschump but those guys weren't all that good to begin with.

And yes, he should coach them up better instead of having so many leave.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n225019 said:
if he aint ,when the season starts he will

Im on board with this theory dub. It wont be 4 games into the season before Musty will be whining about TOP and how he cant expect his defense to play great when their offense scores so quickly and hands the ball back to the other team. There will be internal bickering between him and Gus by game 4, and by game 6 he'll be making subtle jabs in pressers about how his D actually played really well considering the amount of time they were forced to spend on the field.

This was a marriage made in hell from the get go. Chumps ego is too massive to ever be an assistant again, it wont end well for barn.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n225020 said:
Im on board with this theory dub. It wont be 4 games into the season before Musty will be whining about TOP and how he cant expect his defense to play great when their offense scores so quickly and hands the ball back to the other team. There will be internal bickering between him and Gus by game 4, and by game 6 he'll be making subtle jabs in pressers about how his D actually played really well considering the amount of time they were forced to spend on the field.

This was a marriage made in hell from the get go. Chumps ego is too massive to ever be an assistant again, it wont end well for barn.

money!

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not as grim as we'd like to think. Auburn still has 9 scholarship DBs and 4 more coming in. And if there is one thing we know about AssChimp is that he can recruit DBs. They also just landed a five star OL transfer from U Texas, ironically enough.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who still thinks he is the best DC in the country just needs to look at his defenses.... Texas had a steady decline followed by a good year or two here then total shambles...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n225031 said:
Anyone who still thinks he is the best DC in the country just needs to look at his defenses.... Texas had a steady decline followed by a good year or two here then total shambles...

Put me on the record as one who thinks the only good D we had was when Quinn was here, and you can also write down that I credit that almost completely to Quinn. I have seen nothing impressive schematically about musty's defenses outside of when quinn was running them. Having super star talent like hargreaves, floyd, or fowler making big time individual plays doesnt mean the coordinator is a good coach, it just means they have some good players making good individual plays. But think back to how musty employed hargreaves against bama; he refused to move him around when cooper would go in motion or line up on the other end of the field. Net effect - big time pass plays for big time TDs. Even a halfway decent DC would understand that VH3 was the only guy with a chance of covering cooper and would have told him to follow him wherever he was on the field. But nah... lets let brian poole man up on him. Yea... musty's a brilliant defensive mind.

:kiffin:

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n225045 said:
big time pass plays for big time TDs

i also remember a linebacker covering cooper one play that was given up for 6! yep that great defensive mind of chumps.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
dubster1;n225055 said:
i also remember a linebacker covering cooper one play that was given up for 6! yep that great defensive mind of chumps.

Yeah that was Morrison. You'd think coaches would tell him to keep things in front of him at all costs. Instead, he bites on the inside move and AC is gone.

And DSS is correct. His ability to recruit or even coach DBs is vastly overrated.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n225065 said:
Yeah that was Morrison. You'd think coaches would tell him to keep things in front of him at all costs. Instead, he bites on the inside move and AC is gone.

And DSS is correct. His ability to recruit or even coach DBs is vastly overrated.

I thought the one Morrison was burned on was when he was covering the RB who was lined up out wide. I believe the guys name was Drake. It was on Bama's first offensive play of the game.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will Muschamp defensive genius

related to this guy.

Attachments

• conv_3241.jpeg
    conv_3241.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 32
  • conv_3242.jpg
    conv_3242.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 35

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n225070 said:
I thought the one Morrison was burned on was when he was covering the RB who was lined up out wide. I believe the guys name was Drake. It was on Bama's first offensive play of the game.

There were so many long touchdown passes in the first quarter, it is hard to keep them straight.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Chumps last 3 jobs: At Auburn he got Tuberville canned, At Texas he got Mack Brown canned,Comes to UF in 2010 runs off half the team then runs the program into the ground over the next 3 yrs and gets himself canned! Anyone else see a trend? Bottomline the man is cancer to whichever program he's at and Auburn will be no different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator