Auburn in Shambles: Harsin on chopping block

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
1st and goal on the Barn 3 yd. line and 40 seconds to go and Mizzou chooses to sit on it instead of running the ball and possibly score a TD. so what happens? Missed short FG, go to OT. The ability to manage a game is such a joke.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
1st and goal on the Barn 3 yd. line and 40 seconds to go and Mizzou chooses to sit on it instead of running the ball and possibly score a TD. so what happens? Missed short FG, go to OT. The ability to manage a game is such a joke.
Both coaches are clowns.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
For argument's sake, let's say that if Mizzou had won, then Harsin would have been canned, as rumored. So does just winning the game int eh "fashion" in which the Barn did, actually change anything? Kind of akin to UF beating UK when Butters was the coach and UK forgot to cover our WR twice. The only difference is W or L. Going forward everything will remain the same, So a missed 25 yd. FG and an uncaused fumble on the one inch line is really the difference maker?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
For argument's sake, let's say that if Mizzou had won, then Harsin would have been canned, as rumored. So does just winning the game int eh "fashion" in which the Barn did, actually change anything? Kind of akin to UF beating UK when Butters was the coach and UK forgot to cover our WR twice. The only difference is W or L. Going forward everything will remain the same, So a missed 25 yd. FG and an uncaused fumble on the one inch line is really the difference maker?
Yeah. Life is full of these little puzzles.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I went nuts when I watched this.
Gutless coach plays it safe for a field goal after gashing Auburn all the way down the field.

The football gods punished Missouri for being conservative

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I went nuts when I watched this.
Gutless coach plays it safe for a field goal after gashing Auburn all the way down the field.

The football gods punished Missouri for being conservative

To me the ending of that game is akin to the ending of the game when Scrat was fired after his loss at home to USCe. We were unable to execute a simple punt and giving the ball back to USCe with no timeouts and a minute or so to play and needing a TD and XP to tie. What happens? blocked punt. USCe ties game, go to OT, USCe wins, Scrat fired next day. Worked out well for us in long run b/c we were going no where with Scrat. But if we get that punt off, Scrat is still our coach after that game? So not only does Mizzou blow it at the end of regulation, a kid drops the ball on the one inch line, so that saves Harsin's job? Go figure. That is a Scrat, Butters, Cousin Eddie type win that harms the program more than a loss would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb