Auburn Prediction Thread

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Here is what I don't like going into this game:
-we have struggled every single game to run the ball no matter who we played and there has been no real progress
-we have struggled to stop the run no matter who we played and there has been no real progress
-our 1st half team seems lost and confused, especially the defense
-the last few games has had Coach Mullens angry with the team's overall lackluster attitude and playing up to a standard
-Auburn, despite having a good game against Oregon, went into a slump but has been trending upward the last few games and looks to be starting to gel
-Gus, love him or hate him, is the type of coach who can have you so confused and upside down that before you know it your down several scores because he got the momentum and then ran the table quick
-our D has been a bend and dont break from the get go but some of the dont break was missed easy field goals and self inflicted turnovers by the other team

Here is what I do like going into this game:
-since Trask has come in, our offense has no problem moving down the field through the air
-our 2nd half team seems to make adjustments and settle down to correct issues from the first half
-Zuniga and Henderson
-being a home underdog
-Gus, love him or hate him, is the type of coach who can have his offense so confused and upside down that before he knows it the opposing coach has put him in a corner and crushed him with body shots
-our D has been bend and dont break from the get go and seem to get off the field with no harm even though the team took it down the field

I really have no idea how this game is going to go. Both teams are big question marks and I won't be surprised by any outcome. I just hope what good trends we see for the Gators are positive signs and the bad trends we see for Auburn are exposed truths. Factor in a Mullen vs Gus game ... no idea.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i think auburn is a legitimately good team, i mean its an odd year so of course they are. if we win, you have to think we are as well.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
i think auburn is a legitimately good team, i mean its an odd year so of course they are. if we win, you have to think we are as well.
Nah, narrative will be that Auburn’s a paper tiger and the teams they played were overrated. It’ll be one more overrated notch in our belt. And if we somehow beat LSU, the story would be about their lack of defense. Beating UGA is the only way UF gets any respect this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Beating UGA is the only way UF gets any respect this year.
Yes.

It would also be nice not to get destroyed by Mizzu again, but maybe that is asking too much.

Barn isn't that good but just like last year versus Kentucky they just give us terrible matchup problems.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Nah, narrative will be that Auburn’s a paper tiger and the teams they played were overrated. It’ll be one more overrated notch in our belt. And if we somehow beat LSU, the story would be about their lack of defense. Beating UGA is the only way UF gets any respect this year.
Honestly if we only lose to Georgia this year we would be where I expect us to be. Also we would be where recruiting needs to take a severe uptick. Either way recruiting needs a sever uptick.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Truth is none of our goals depend greatly on this game, except the first undefeated Gator Football team.

So just go out and win it.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
After our big win this Saturday, I'm going to call out the naysayers and dumpers one by one. They are going to be made to publically explain their actions, and will be interrogated for maximum humiliation. It's how I show them how much they are loved.

If UF loses, calling ME out will result in a ban.
Seems fair to me.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I really have no idea how this game is going to go. Both teams are big question marks and I won't be surprised by any outcome. [/QUOTE] That's the way to hedge your bets. I see this going one of four ways.
1.)Mighty Gators are victorious in a close game.
2.)Mighty Gators lose in a close game.
3.)Not-so-Mighty Gators get blown out by barn at home.
4.)Extra Mighty Gators destroy an over-rated Auburn team with a Frosh QB.

Never mind Time of Possession, I'm 100% convinced whoever has the most points at the end will win the game. Not sure, but I think the Midline will play an important roll in the outcome as well.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I cannot imagine a guy named “Eli Stove” playing anywhere but Auburn.

They also have guys named “Smoke Monday” (he was surprisingly NOT suspended the first 2 games) and “Big Kat Bryant”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator