Auburn's radio announcer and wife die in car accident

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Very, very sad. Tears and prayers for loved ones. Each game going forward, a sad reminder.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Today, WDE. RIP.

Add in that terrible crash involving the Whisky assistant and his family. Terrible.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Died from a rear impact??? Was that kid doing 120?

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
That's tragic. Prayers for his children and extended family.

How did the kid who hit them from behind not have any serious injuries? Did he hit them from behind when both were moving, and cause them to lose control and run into something else?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Had to have been serious speed. I’m guessing the whiplash broke his neck and/or internally decapitated him. They said she died of internal bleeding. Entirely possible they weren’t wearing seatbelts.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

That's tragic. Prayers for his children and extended family.

How did the kid who hit them from behind not have any serious injuries? Did he hit them from behind when both were moving, and cause them to lose control and run into something else?

That’s very sad. Rear enders are no joke. High rate of speed from m the rear vehicle into the back of a slow moving car is a recipe for disaster. The rear car occupant can walk away because his air bags will deploy whereas the front car’s air bags will not deploy. I’ve experienced this myself first hand and I’m lucky to be alive.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Barrett Sallee (@BarrettSallee) tweeted at 1:08 PM on Sun, May 26, 2019:
This was Rod Bramblett. Total radio pro in the midst of utter joy and extreme radio booth chaos. RIP Rod on Twitter
()

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Horrible. Awful. He was just honored. Terrible.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's just so heartbreaking.

This is something that transcends school loyalty. I mourn for their family & school.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

One of my kids was driving our SUV rear ended another SUV about a month ago. She was going 60 and the car she hit was stopped, waiting to make a left turn. IT totaled our SUV and really messed up the other SUV.

No injuries other than seatbelt bruises in both autos.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Had to have been serious speed. I’m guessing the whiplash broke his neck and/or internally decapitated him. They said she died of internal bleeding. Entirely possible they weren’t wearing seatbelts.

Tragic mistake if true. The commercials are right, seatbelts save lives. As I learned recently.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I live up here amongst the ‘Barn fans. This area has been through a lot, as of late. A few months ago Lee county had a tornado that took 23 lives. More have died since due to injury. No more news coverage for that though. It is still a total war zone where is struck. So much devastation. My wife has been working with victims to help them put their lives back together.

Last week 3 Auburn police officers shot. One died on the scene. A friend of mine is close to one of the surviving cops. That officer is badly wounded and is really shaken up emotionally. I saw another officer in church on Sunday and he just had tears pouring from his eyes. So sad. A few months prior we had “another officer” shot in the face but thank, God survived. The shooter did not fair so lucky when the police caught up to him. For the record, this last shooter surrendered and in custody. But his mug shot tells the story. They beat the tar outta that guy when they found him. Auburn is typically a good and safe place... but that totals to four officers shot in less than 12 months. Then THIS happens. There is a lot of grieving in the community right now.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I'm sure they seized the teens phone, and there's a good chance he was using it in some way.
I spent a lot of my younger years as a volunteer firefighter and a vast majority of traffic fatalities were from lack of seatbelts, but I still know plenty who refuse to wear them. Of course I don't know the details here, but people can't hear to many reminders. So sorry for the survivor's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator