Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"This isn't going to be a top 5 class."

No shiit, sweatstain.

"The staff isn't from here, Mac out west, Nuss from MIchigan, so I'm concerned about that (trying to recruit kids from FL)"

No shiit, swampass.

"They can take up to 27... but that isn't realistic."

:hahaha:

There is no team in the SEC that consistently plays with 10-20 schollies short.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we get a few flips plus Ivey and Jefferson to end up with around a top 25 class which compared to now would be very nice.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good listen, thanks for sharing J!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought it was interesting that we have nobody with any ties to Jacksonville.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Also, I feel better about Dillon. And I also didn't know that tidbit about Van Jefferson. Figures though.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Would anyone mind summing up what was covered or mentioning any tidbits of note? I couldn't hang for the whole 20 minutes. The audio quality is horrific on that "podcast".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Same thing that Zach and everyone else from the SID-fed crew say, we are going to land all the 5 stars and 15 other kids and have a great class.

The reverb problems with the podcast are his past statements that Chimp is a great coach who just had some injury problems in 2013 and Jeff Driskel is the perfect QB for the spread and will win the Heisman this year echoing in the phone. If you listen closely, you can hear it all.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
heversle;156327 said:
Would anyone mind summing up what was covered or mentioning any tidbits of note? I couldn't hang for the whole 20 minutes. The audio quality is horrific on that "podcast".

He expects a class of about 20 to 23. And a few major flips in particular Scarlett. He also expects two of the big three. He also talked about what a great recruiter Callahan is. And how big of a coup getting Shannon was. He did say that a weakness of our coaching staff is that they have nobody with any Jacksonville ties and Jacksonville has really exploded over the last couple years with talent. He's hoping that the wide receiver coach that we bring in has ties to Jacksonville.

He also discussed the holes in the previous recruiting classes from Muschamp and how bad off our offensive line depth is. He also said that The coaching staff has really been selling playing time to the recruits. In particular on offense. Their basic message has been where can you find early playing tonight at a powerhouse like UF? Van Jefferson who is a big time recruit who just decommitted from Georgia did not like our offense. He's super excited about the possibility of playing at UF now. He's always liked UF but would not commit because of our crappy offense.

He compared Scarlett to a smaller Trent Richardson. And Scarlett likes the idea of playing in our offense and being used similar to Trent. He also talked about how Taylor is more of a shifty back while Scarlett is more of a straight-ahead runner.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n156369 said:
He also talked about how Taylor is more of a shifty back

That was my only issue with Taylor. He seemed to dance too much instead of just hitting the hole that was there. He would dance and gain 0/1 yard instead of just plunging ahead and getting 3/4 yards.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;156372 said:
That was my only issue with Taylor. He seemed to dance too much instead of just hitting the hole that was there. He would dance and gain 0/1 yard instead of just plunging ahead and getting 3/4 yards.

He really regressed last year IMO. So much talent. But no break away speed.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n156369 said:
He expects a class of about 20 to 23. And a few major flips in particular Scarlett. He also expects two of the big three. He also talked about what a great recruiter Callahan is. And how big of a coup getting Shannon was. He did say that a weakness of our coaching staff is that they have nobody with any Jacksonville ties and Jacksonville has really exploded over the last couple years with talent. He's hoping that the wide receiver coach that we bring in has ties to Jacksonville.

He also discussed the holes in the previous recruiting classes from Muschamp and how bad off our offensive line depth is. He also said that The coaching staff has really been selling playing time to the recruits. In particular on offense. Their basic message has been where can you find early playing tonight at a powerhouse like UF? Van Jefferson who is a big time recruit who just decommitted from Georgia did not like our offense. He's super excited about the possibility of playing at UF now. He's always liked UF but would not commit because of our crappy offense.

He compared Scarlett to a smaller Trent Richardson. And Scarlett likes the idea of playing in our offense and being used similar to Trent. He also talked about how Taylor is more of a shifty back while Scarlett is more of a straight-ahead runner.

Just a thought, but a WR coach with ties to Jacksonville...Kerwin Bell?

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n156380 said:
He really regressed last year IMO. So much talent. But no break away speed.

Emmitt didn't have break away speed and he did alright. A good back must have vision, balance, the ability to read the blocks, and he must be decisive about hitting the hole. The guys we had in the line up last year had none of the above with any consistancy. A really good back doesn't need much of a hole and doesn't require the lineman to hold the block long. Again our backs either don't have that ability, they weren't being coached properly, or a combination of the two.

Dec 10, 2014
GatorJ;n156369 said:

I know a perfect Jacksonville coach we can hire at WR, and he's a former Gator ....

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
westflgator;n156446 said:
Emmitt didn't have break away speed and he did alright. A good back must have vision, balance, the ability to read the blocks, and he must be decisive about hitting the hole. The guys we had in the line up last year had none of the above with any consistancy. A really good back doesn't need much of a hole and doesn't require the lineman to hold the block long. Again our backs either don't have that ability, they weren't being coached properly, or a combination of the two.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that nobody on offense was being coached properly last year except MAYBE the O-line (who seemed to improve).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.