August In Fla Sucks, Change My Mind

NOLAGATOR

The only easy day was yesterday
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Try August in South Louisiana...I thought Hog Town was hot until I spent an August at LSU.

Humidity is off the charts with little to no breeze.

Now Fall is awesome.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SWFL is the absolute worst in the summer. I love love love the heat but competing in golf tournaments in Ft Myers in August was one of the most miserable experiences. Worse than any 2 a day football I went through in the Midwest. Walking 18 holes carrying my bag I drank a 20 oz bottle of water every hole and never peed. Literally could wring my shirt out after a round like I had jumped in a pool.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Lifelong FL resident in NE FL.

Used to work as a roofer for two summers and for a power utility subcontractor for one summer (yes, those creosote poles are awful.) I had no issues back then (got close to "bear caught" a few times) but I would melt if I had to work outdoors for 10 hrs a day now.

Since graduating, I've proudly held an office job which is a low humidity 74 degrees during July-Sept.

Still, I will gladly trade heat and humidity for snow and ice anyday.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
You know, when I was on campus at an elite Florida engineering college, hot humid summers were the best time of the year. Never thought about complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Private conversations
Help Users