August In Fla Sucks, Change My Mind

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The mildest summer for me. We havent had 1 day in 3 digits. Plenty of rain.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
same here, but could use a little more rain. Its now the worst part with the highest humidity and not cooling at night like we need........ Here at St Aug its 80 when we get up...............

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
same here, but could use a little more rain. Its now the worst part with the highest humidity and not cooling at night like we need........ Here at St Aug its 80 when we get up...............
We’ve had rain the last 2 evenings so that gets us to the low-mid 70s otherwise we are in the mid upper 70s in the morning. 72 is much nicer than 76-77.

I remember living in Ft Myers…it sucked in August!

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
As others have said, there are worse things than living in Florida. But you’re not wrong. Not a big fan of Feb either, but August probably takes the cake as far as off months. You forgot to mention the transition from summer to school, the traffic that results, and of course the constant “storm brewing off the Horn of Africa” discussions. On the heat, we went to Disney last weekend and broke a hard fast rule by doing a park in Summer on Sunday. It was fine until I had two beers with lunch. I’m pretty sure I dropped 12 pounds that afternoon. Just dreadful.

And I’ve lived in SoFla and NoFla, and the rain thing has always been there, but does seem worse now. Thanks to that, my pavers in the back will have to be pressure washed again, which I’m pretty excited about.

The only person that really gains is the Florida weathermen. Talk about mailing it in. They don’t even care or try from May to September, and I’m pretty sure they just copy and past from random weeks over and over.
We had a week of 100 plus temps here in KC. Lately, a lot of showers and temps staying in the 80s.

Headed to Wyoming at the end of the month and looking forward to some crisp mountain air.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Some of y'all are btches. It was hotter last August than this year. It's been mild this year in the panhandle. Even the weather news is just sensationalism all the time.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Some of y'all are btches. It was hotter last August than this year. It's been mild this year in the panhandle. Even the weather news is just sensationalism all the time.

The news is definitely fueling it. We were miserably hot in June last year, but it was usual heat in July and Aug. This stretch feels worse, but who knows. As you said, it doesn’t help people talking about it all the time. And no mention of the extremely cool April and May herein Fl. My jasmine had its final blooms still hanging on early June. They don’t normally see May.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I've been outside a lot lately and believe me, when it's bad I'm miserable. It hasn't been bad at all. Yesterday I was standing on a black top lot in the direct sun talking to a colleague for about 10 mins around 1pm. One of our senior managers walks by and asks us why the heck we were standing in the miserable heat when we could go inside and talk. I kinda laughed, told him to hang on, waited a couple of seconds while he looked at me, then asked him in that moment did it really feel all that bad out? He paused for sec, looked up, laughed and said, you know what, you're right, it actually feels kinda nice.

This summer has been cooler in the panhandle than the last 3. This is all just cycles and regional fluctuations that move geographically from year to year.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Crazy humid here in central PB county. Daily late t-storms make it soupy at night. Hit 105 on my back porch Tuesday. Yeah not an enjoyable August this year. Everyone saying its an El Nino effect. I thought we closed the border!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Crazy humid here in central PB county. Daily late t-storms make it soupy at night. Hit 105 on my back porch Tuesday. Yeah not an enjoyable August this year. Everyone saying its an El Nino effect. I thought we closed the border!

I’m going to be at the fairgrounds amphitheater for a 6:00 concert next week. This is gonna be fine.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
August sucks.

Mrs. Finger and I decided that as soon as mama Finger goes on to her reward and the Fingerlings are out of school, we're getting the hell out of here. I get daily updates from her with the Zillow links. This was motivated at least in part by this summer's trip out West. Ninety-five in southeast Utah is nothing like 95 in Florida. It was also nice to go a few weeks without being confronted with the decline of western civilization.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I will just say from experience that avoiding the Florida summer entails missing the Florida winters. You get the good with the bad. Having said that, I am sitting here, mid-morning, the temp is 70, the humidity is 14% and its just a little too chilly to go outside.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll take the Florida summers over the northern winters. No way I could deal with the ice, snow and freezing temperatures for months at a time.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Mrs. Finger and I decided that as soon as mama Finger goes on to her reward and the Fingerlings are out of school, we're getting the hell out of here. I get daily updates from her with the Zillow links. This was motivated at least in part by this summer's trip out West. Ninety-five in southeast Utah is nothing like 95 in Florida. It was also nice to go a few weeks without being confronted with the decline of western civilization.
Whoa
Mrs Finger?
What an unfortunate name.
I don’t think I would have married you.

Last edited:

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Whoa
Mrs Finger?
What an unfortunate name.
I don’t think I would have married you.

What's more unfortunate is her first name is Middle. While there was no problem with her maiden name, it created an unfortunate situation at our nuptials.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What's more unfortunate is her first name is Middle. While there was no problem with her maiden name, it created an unfortunate situation at our nuptials.
Mrs. Finger?

Hmmn.

Coulda been worse.

Coulda been Mrs. Fist.

:lol:

While at UF, I was introduced to a girl with the last name “Swallows”. Don’t recall the first name, something like Heather Swallows. Funny, right? I thought about how much it would have sucked growing up with a name like Heather Swallows. Then I wondered if she had a brother and if so, how tough that dude would have been by necessity :eek3:

I also met a girl named Shannon Rimmer.

I bet both of those girls were happy to take their husbands’ last names when they got married :lol:

Alex.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I bet both of those girls were happy to take their husbands’ last names when they got married :lol:

I had a friend in college with the surname of Vader. My children are so lucky. If it had been my name, my first daughter would have been named Eleanor and my first boy would have been Garth.
Coulda been Mrs. Fist.
That name was taken.
1691938303607.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.