August In Fla Sucks, Change My Mind

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Try August in South Louisiana...I thought Hog Town was hot until I spent an August at LSU.

Humidity is off the charts with little to no breeze.

Now Fall is awesome.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SWFL is the absolute worst in the summer. I love love love the heat but competing in golf tournaments in Ft Myers in August was one of the most miserable experiences. Worse than any 2 a day football I went through in the Midwest. Walking 18 holes carrying my bag I drank a 20 oz bottle of water every hole and never peed. Literally could wring my shirt out after a round like I had jumped in a pool.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Lifelong FL resident in NE FL.

Used to work as a roofer for two summers and for a power utility subcontractor for one summer (yes, those creosote poles are awful.) I had no issues back then (got close to "bear caught" a few times) but I would melt if I had to work outdoors for 10 hrs a day now.

Since graduating, I've proudly held an office job which is a low humidity 74 degrees during July-Sept.

Still, I will gladly trade heat and humidity for snow and ice anyday.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
You know, when I was on campus at an elite Florida engineering college, hot humid summers were the best time of the year. Never thought about complaining.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Hello, just your annual reminder that this weather sucks and according to all of you, I need maxi pads for a few days each month.

This summer has been worse than any I remember in some time.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
This summer has been average for me just 15 miles north of SOS Field. maybe 94 degrees each day on average.. Recently, with rainy days and an actual front that came down we stayed in the 80s. Usually a breeze but as of late that has abated. Humidity is up now. August means we get closer and closer to Sept. I know Sept is hot but BY GOD it sounds like a much better month than July and Aug. I remember in the 80s some 100 degree days for a week and no rain for a month, That was a mofo and I was young and ran a lot.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hello, just your annual reminder that this weather sucks and according to all of you, I need maxi pads for a few days each month.

This summer has been worse than any I remember in some time.
Yep… last few weeks have sucked here. Yesterday afternoon, we got our first rain in a couple of weeks. Was having to run the sprinklers like we’d just put down sod… grass was getting scorched

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This summer has been average for me just 15 miles north of SOS Field. maybe 94 degrees each day on average.. Recently, with rainy days and an actual front that came down we stayed in the 80s. Usually a breeze but as of late that has abated. Humidity is up now. August means we get closer and closer to Sept. I know Sept is hot but BY GOD it sounds like a much better month than July and Aug. I remember in the 80s some 100 degree days for a week and no rain for a month, That was a mofo and I was young and ran a lot.

I go for a run before hitting the gym, and even at like 6-7am, and only running maybe a mile and a half, I’m drenched. And rain every afternoon by 2 like clockwork, which is basically the formula for Jupiter(inland a bit). The biggest difference, as you said, is relief is in sight.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Yep… last few weeks have sucked here. Yesterday afternoon, we got our first rain in a couple of weeks. Was having to run the sprinklers like we’d just put down sod… grass was getting scorched
Yup, my lawn is extra crispy as well, and my electric meter spins like the Griswald house when Clark finally gets the Christmas lights to work

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Florida in August means the long wait for Gator football to return has arrived. Nothing better!

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Florida in August means the long wait for Gator football to return has arrived. Nothing better!
Technically this means you are excited about the wait for football and not football itself

On a related note, here’s a joke….the person who edited Hitler’s speeches was the first Grammar Nazi.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Over the weekend, we put out a slip and slide for our son. We left it out for the day after he was done playing with it. When I took it up that night, the grass underneath it was BURNT.

Crispy brown, right in the front yard, for all my neighbors to enjoy.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Over the weekend, we put out a slip and slide for our son. We left it out for the day after he was done playing with it. When I took it up that night, the grass underneath it was BURNT.

Crispy brown, right in the front yard, for all my neighbors to enjoy
Burnt to a crisp after the slip and slide (more of a splash pad) sat in the heat for about 5 hours.
IMG_4949.jpeg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Burnt to a crisp after the slip and slide (more of a splash pad) sat in the heat for about 5 hours.
View attachment 60437
We had friends with a great sledding hill and they set up a slip n’ slide party for the kids. (Much better parents than us) Their yard was dead from august until may. :lol: This is me at the bottom of the slide about to hit a hay bale to keep me from entering the road. Ouch :headslap:

IMG_2989.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.