Austin Appleby article: Parting Thoughts

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't be so sensitive.
Listen....I know you guys have an affinity for schitty QB's.....it's why all you dumpers are on here always pumping up Applebee's and Luke del noodle arm, and shunning anything that even remotely looks like a QB.

:haters:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The "let's throw out the dumbest ideas and state them as fact because I hate this coaching staff" allegiances ;)

I see you are no longer debating Appleby as being anything other than a bad QB :lol:

And what ideas did I throw out?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Listen....I know you guys have an affinity for schitty QB's.....it's why all you dumpers are on here always pumping up Applebee's and Luke del noodle arm, and shunning anything that even remotely looks like a QB.

:haters:

Nobody here wants LDR to be the starter. It's just that several here think he will be the starter simply because Mac and Nuss have a history of putting too much faith in him. This article is just another piece of evidence that supports that.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody here wants LDR to be the starter. It's just that several here think he will be the starter simply because Mac and Nuss have a history of putting too much faith in him. This article is just another piece of evidence that supports that.
This is the excuse they all hide behind :snicker:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I always liked the way AA carried himself and represented the school publically. Compared to the immature tweet bravado of LDR, I'll take the man in the film room and descent media representative anytime. Let's move on from LDR, I've seen and heard enough.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I really try to not bag on the kids as much as possible. Sometimes it is deserved however. AA did his best and is a Gator. Thank you Austin. Good luck.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Or you could just articulate in general rather than just disliking a post and running off.

Face it, Appleby is not a good QB...neither is LDR.
There is a reason they were for LDR ahead of Appleby. While Appleby has a stronger arm, he had virtually no grasp of the playbook, furthermore he IS a turnover machine, that was a known for Appleby prior to the season, and an unknown for LDR prior to the season. These were our two options, and they both sucked. Sorry some of your aren't willing to admit that.

Perhaps "sucked" is an overstatement. Neither met our expectations. To his credit Appleby played well at the end of the season and got us some victories. LDR should have been pulled earlier it was apparent he was not 100% and with oline issues a more mobile QB might have been better. He is a Gator, so he gets my usual respect for such.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really try to not bag on the kids as much as possible. Sometimes it is deserved however. AA did his best and is a Gator. Thank you Austin. Good luck.
You're right...you are absolutely right. And no one here is baggin on the kid on a personal level.

And here I thought the dumpers were cool with calling a spade a spade when it comes to talent :lol2:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
"I know what kind of player I am."
We found out in a hurry too, and it wasn't good.

"I know how good I am, I know the kind of work I’ve put in."
Hard to imagine how bad he would have been if he hadn't put in so much work.

"But, what I was looking for was I want to go play with the very best against the very best, and be coached by the very best, and go compete for a championship."
And you picked the Gators?

"That opportunity came, and I really feel like I seized it. I ultimately led us to Atlanta and have a chance to play for a championship and capped it off with a bowl win."
Yeesh. We won games in spite of you, old hoss.

He was the only bright spot of our shyt offense.
He was? If so, that's a really damning statement about our offense.

I like Appleby. He's a backup QB, nothing more, nothing less, and played like one. I wish him all the best, but he wasn't a good quarterback.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I like Appleby. He's a backup QB, nothing more, nothing less, and played like one. I wish him all the best, but he wasn't a good quarterback.
At least Ox gets it :proud:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Go watch LDR's first three starts I posted somewhere. I did a 180 on LDR after watching that. There wasn't anything wrong with his arm strength then. I'm just sayin'.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

It's pretty damning for sure. I guess TJ McCoy became a bright spot later. And I guess Scarlett had his moments.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Go watch LDR's first three starts I posted somewhere. I did a 180 on LDR after watching that. There wasn't anything wrong with his arm strength then. I'm just sayin'.

He threw quite a few dangerous thows pre-injury against N Texas. You could see it was going to be a problem against the better defenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.