too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was hoping to see grier get some mop up duty reps

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Next announcement: Matt Jones will start over KT. Just a hunch from Muschamp's presser today.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not "feeling" the Treon announcement.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Slevin said:
sonomagator;n35197 said:
Per Zach's twitter feed "Coach WM stated that Treon Harris got the nod for #2 Qb because of what he can do in short yardage and red zone situations". Sounds like sound reasoning for the move.
I'm ok with this but I'm also not ok with this. In red zone and short yardage situations I do not want our green freshman qb coming in, in place of our 4th year junior bowling ball qb. Makes zero sense.
Bowling ball? Haven't you heard our qb is made of glass?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Slevin said:
sonomagator;n35197 said:
Per Zach's twitter feed "Coach WM stated that Treon Harris got the nod for #2 Qb because of what he can do in short yardage and red zone situations". Sounds like sound reasoning for the move.
I'm ok with this but I'm also not ok with this. In red zone and short yardage situations I do not want our green freshman qb coming in, in place of our 4th year junior bowling ball qb. Makes zero sense.
It won't be like the Burton packages if he can actually throw the ball.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Loogis said:
Next announcement: Matt Jones will start over KT. Just a hunch from Muschamp's presser today.
And Clay will start over McGee ?

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Loogis said:
Pittman in the slot,Worten 3rd team.Going with our all-quicksand team.
-

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
T REX;n35068 said:
Interesting...either Harris is better or our coach is trying to sneak Grier an extra year. JD hasn't finished a season yet. Stupid crap as usual.

Redshirts aren't handed out until the end of the year, so it doesn't matter what happens right now. He could say Grier is redshirting and put it on a billboard, but he won't if Driskel gets hurt. Come on, people, learn how the system works.
Thanks for clarifying, Thomas. I couldn't quite remember what the number was.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
I also don't see what the big deal is if they want to give Grier an extra year to develop. If he's their quarterback of the future and Harris is a capable backup this year, why not?
Exactly. If we can get by and no injuries and accomplish that, all the better.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man, what is wrong with some of you people. LOL You guys sound disappointed that Harris might actually be better than Grier at this stage of their careers. I hope this isn't another Newton vs Brantley or Brissett vs Driskel situation. I've seen this movie to many times already and I am tired of it. Here is a thought, why not just accept the fact that Harris won the back-up job for the first game instead of trying to come up with redshirt options for Grier. Who knows what the future really holds, anything can happen. SMH

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
the_alphagator1906;n35442 said:
Man, what is wrong with some of you people. LOL You guys sound disappointed that Harris might actually be better than Grier at this stage of their careers. I hope this isn't another Newton vs Brantley or Brissett vs Driskel situation. I've seen this movie to many times already and I am tired of it. Here is a thought, why not just accept the fact that Harris won the back-up job for the first game instead of trying to come up with redshirt options for Grier. Who knows what the future really holds, anything can happen. SMH

There was exactly one person in this entire thread that was even remotely upset about this, and that was T REX. And he's always been............a little "special."

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:

There was exactly one person in this entire thread that was even remotely upset about this, and that was T REX. And he's always been............a little "special."
I didn't say "upset." I said "disappointed." Plus, there are a few posts in this thread that alluded to Grier "redshirting" already. I mean, how do we really know that is going to happen? I know the kid stated he wanted to do it but things can change in a blink of an eye.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:

Grier redshirting is the likely outcome right now, and like several of us said, we know he won't redshirt if circumstances change (such as Driskel getting hurt).

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Loogis said:
McGee and Burton play 2 different positions, Jeez te and the B are not the same thing,

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Over-react much?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully Grier is able to redshirt. I'd rather not end up with another loser leaves town scenario and a lack of depth at the qb spot.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Grier wants to be a Gator!

He will get his chance..

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Slevin;n35311 said:
Im ok w it but I dont trust the decision-making process?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dont over react. Everything isnt a black white thing. In fact many of the Drisky supporters are now Treon supporters oddly enough. And some ignorant fools have been spouting the "he wants to redshirt" bs all along. Or my favorite, Grier needs to put on weight even though hes 30 lbs heavier than Treon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator