Backup QB is Treon Harris

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n35532 said:
Dont over react. Everything isnt a black white thing. In fact many of the Drisky supporters are now Treon supporters oddly enough. And some ignorant fools have been spouting the "he wants to redshirt" bs all along. Or my favorite, Grier needs to put on weight even though hes 30 lbs heavier than Treon.
You mean like his father who said he would be fine with Will redshirting, or that he even preferred it? Once again, you're talking out of the wrong orifice.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Context is a basic para,eter needed for interpretation. He said that In response to reporters asking he ll go elsewhere if Driskell got a medical redshrt. The kid wants to play. He has told many people that. If he wanted to shirt, he could simply ask for it and you could bet it would make life easier for Mushcramp to answer the questions.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
the_alphagator1906;n35442 said:
Man, what is wrong with some of you people. LOL You guys sound disappointed that Harris might actually be better than Grier at this stage of their careers. I hope this isn't another Newton vs Brantley or Brissett vs Driskel situation. I've seen this movie to many times already and I am tired of it. Here is a thought, why not just accept the fact that Harris won the back-up job for the first game instead of trying to come up with redshirt options for Grier. Who knows what the future really holds, anything can happen. SMH
Dont over react. Everything isnt a black white thing. In fact many of the Drisky supporters are now Treon supporters oddly enough. And some ignorant fools have been spouting the "he wants to redshirt" bs all along. Or my favorite, Grier needs to put on weight even though hes 30 lbs heavier than Treon.
Not over reacting, just starting to see the same pattern repeated yet again. I wasn't talking about a black white thing either. I was merely stating QB A vs QB B where fans are split with their support.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No surprise on Treon getting the nod. Also no surprise on Grier's situation either. Of course they will not announce a redshirt until the end of the season. We all knew that Roper likes 2 QB's that can play with each a change of pace, so to speak. If JD goes down with an injury you can bet that the chances of Grier getting the RS is slim to none. So no, there is not going to be an announcement of a RS. But you can bet the farm that's the plan they have in place. It will actually be nice if we can keep a healthy QB, get Treon some valuable reps, and let Grier develop and get some growth/time in the system. We have not had that luxury in a long time.

Swamp A-S

Aug 22, 2014
Whole lotta overreacting going on in here. This is exactly what the plan was the whole time. Not really huge news imo.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp A$S;n35571 said:
Whole lotta overreacting going on in here. This is exactly what the plan was the whole time. Not really huge news imo.

Welcome and don't be an A$S!

:banana:

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like we are all over analyzing this. They had to pick someone for the backup position going into this weekend. Muschamp made it clear that there is no separation and that it could change in game 2 or 3. Pretty simple and expected given that they were both even coming out of fall camp.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty much right on the button Himey, and not suprising considering that Harris came out of a spread type offense and better competition. While Grier is supposedly a better runner than a lot give him credit for Harris is a lot more suitable for the read option that Roper runs at this point than Grier is.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n35339 said:
There are several angles to this. Biggest being Grier went through spring camp, summer with the player ran practices and now the fall, Harris shows up for the fall practice and if there was negligible separation between them that would mean that Harris from having a higher level of competition in HS is a gamer, picked up the system quick and in a short time was able to get the offense moving and/or Grier could be another Driskel, 5 star, highly rated, but from playing inferior competition the ranking could be very suspicious. I do think that Grier will do better than Driskel. Throwing Driskel in as freshman against SEC defense with a bad Oline might have scarred him for life. Letting Grier redshirt and have a better Oline next year could prevent another scenario such as that. The other being packages that they developed for the backup QB. The packages they have for Harris are a better change of pace and fit his skill set better than what they had setup for Grier I do hope they don't to do the stupid Burton wildcat BS in the redzone, guaranteed loss of yard..
You might want to take a deeper look at that "better O line next year" part.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Still can't believe we have 2 true freshman and 1 crappy upperclassman as backups. At least Tyler had experience and was minimally decent . . .

PS - trying not to blame bad recruiting by Muschump lol

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator said:
Still can't believe we have 2 true freshman and 1 crappy upperclassman as backups. At least Tyler had experience and was minimally decent . . .

well we did have a Max Staver a 4 star in last recruiting class that did leave. So if we didn't have the transfers it wouldn't be so bad at backup. Not great but not horrible.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n36960 said:

We've had Jacoby Brissett, Max Staver, and Tyler Murphy all transfer out on us. Recruiting has been fine. We've just had a bunch of me first players that didn't want to be a back-up so took their ball and went home instead of sticking around to be that dependable depth we could have used so desperately.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Grier should definitely redshirt...that's if Jeff can stay healthy. I think Jeff will have a great year though in this new offense!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who cares, none of them have proven crap under the spotlight of the big shows.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe we've figured out how to talk this much about the back up qb position

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I can't believe we've figured out how to talk this much about the back up qb position
Danny Wuerfelll and Tim Tebow all were hugely talked about as backup quarterbacks. At UF we love our qbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb