Bad news coming - UPDATED: 7 Gators Suspended for Michigan Game

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Could someone refresh me on Callaway's track record with screwing up? I remember the incident of the sexual assault which he was wrongfully accused but admitted to being high as a kite. Now this. What else was there?

According to the morality police on this board there is like 10 instances that Calloway has been in trouble. I like you can only recall a few. The sexual assault accusations that nothing came of, the misdemeanor possession of weed when pulled over in a car, and finally this incident. Hell this would hardly get a mention in Tallahassee, Auburn, or Tuscaloosa. But as usual we have to be the one university that holds our players accountable for their actions while everyone else sweeps their player's sins under a rug, just so we can hold our heads up high and proclaim that we play by the rules and do the right thing while losing 4-6 games a year. Also it won't stop the ones on this board that are screaming for Calloways head to cheer for the guy if he happens to get back in the lineup and score TD's for our beloved team. If the guy screws up again, I'm all for booting him as it would be a 3rd strike (I like you don't hold the sex assault accusations against him cause nothing was proven) but for all accounts he seems to be liked by his teammates and he hasn't done anything serious (that we know of). I think the fact that he has already cost himself maybe millions of dollars at the next level is punishment enough once he realizes it, and he will. He's our most proven playmaker and this team needs all the playmakers they can get.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I refuse to be like the SOW or be mentioned in the same sentence.

No thanks.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
According to the morality police on this board there is like 10 instances that Calloway has been in trouble. I like you can only recall a few. The sexual assault accusations that nothing came of, the misdemeanor possession of weed when pulled over in a car, and finally this incident. Hell this would hardly get a mention in Tallahassee, Auburn, or Tuscaloosa. But as usual we have to be the one university that holds our players accountable for their actions while everyone else sweeps their player's sins under a rug, just so we can hold our heads up high and proclaim that we play by the rules and do the right thing while losing 4-6 games a year. Also it won't stop the ones on this board that are screaming for Calloways head to cheer for the guy if he happens to get back in the lineup and score TD's for our beloved team. If the guy screws up again, I'm all for booting him as it would be a 3rd strike (I like you don't hold the sex assault accusations against him cause nothing was proven) but for all accounts he seems to be liked by his teammates and he hasn't done anything serious (that we know of). I think the fact that he has already cost himself maybe millions of dollars at the next level is punishment enough once he realizes it, and he will. He's our most proven playmaker and this team needs all the playmakers they can get.
Thanks for refreshing my memory. From reading this thread I was under the impression there was much more on him. I think he's getting a hard time because of the publicity and length of time it took to clear him last year, missing Spring ball. It seems to me he shouldn't be kicked off the team. I'm all for a suspension that is appropriate.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, no biggie. Just dumb college kids stuff that should have been shuffled off, right? I mean, who here hasn't been accused of sexual assault while pleading the "I was so stoned, I had no interested in having sex with someone" card? Or what about the 3 violations of UF Student Code of Conduct he was "cleared of" just before the season. And then there's the "rolling around town with 40-year-old mentor who's criminal background includes drug trafficking and child molestation while cruising with bags of weed in the car. I mean, who hasn't been there, right?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Saying "Biachi at his worst" is redundant. The pitiful cretin never has anything worth wasting my time on and I haven't read a Bianchi column in years. Not changing now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, no biggie. Just dumb college kids stuff that should have been shuffled off, right? I mean, who here hasn't been accused of sexual assault while pleading the "I was so stoned, I had no interested in having sex with someone" card? Or what about the 3 violations of UF Student Code of Conduct he was "cleared of" just before the season. And then there's the "rolling around town with 40-year-old mentor who's criminal background includes drug trafficking and child molestation while cruising with bags of weed in the car. I mean, who hasn't been there, right?
Exactly. Fvkk him.

If he isnt tossed, no one on the team will bother listening to Butters.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I'd much rather see him doing impressions than doling out his horseshyte sports opinions.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

I really don't care what others do, he seems not to understand his proper role and getting younger players involved in his schemes. He is getting to be a cancer to the program, if he won't learn he needs to go.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

There's only been two instances that he's been proven to be at fault for. Yeah he was associated with the scumbag he was buying the weed from, but chances are I doubt Calloway knew the guys whole criminal history, just knew he could buy weed from him. Hopefully he will never go near the guy again. The sex assault accusation was investigated throughly by UF and he was found at no fault and cleared of, does that not count then? Calloway obviously not a choir boy, but I don't think he's as bad as your making him out to be. With that being said, he's definitely cause UF some bad press and if he has one more slip up ( even a minor one) he'll be gone, no doubt.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
it's good to see the win at all cost and pot should be legal groups team up together on this one... :thumbup:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I really don't care what others do, he seems not to understand his proper role and getting younger players involved in his schemes. He is getting to be a cancer to the program, if he won't learn he needs to go.

I totally agree, he can not mess up anymore. This is his last chance, it's up to him if he wants to continue down this self destructive path and throw away an opportunity to make a lot of money in the NFL. He's already cost himself some of that money, no doubt. The hand holding time is over with him, it's time he matured and started acting like the leader he should be on this team.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
There's only been two instances that he's been proven to be at fault for. Yeah he was associated with the scumbag he was buying the weed from, but chances are I doubt Calloway knew the guys whole criminal history, just knew he could buy weed from him. Hopefully he will never go near the guy again. The sex assault accusation was investigated throughly by UF and he was found at no fault and cleared of, does that not count then? Calloway obviously not a choir boy, but I don't think he's as bad as your making him out to be. With that being said, he's definitely cause UF some bad press and if he has one more slip up ( even a minor one) he'll be gone, no doubt.

You apparently don't see a pattern of bad decisions being made by him. He should be a team leader in a positive way not showing younger players how to beat the system, smoke weed, or anything else. From a selfish point of view he is costing himself millions by being stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb