Bad Parenting In Public

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
When my son was 6-ish we were riding through Jax Beach and a buddy of mine pulled up in a car next to me at a light - we put our windows down and he says, "What'cha got there?" (talking about my son), I jokingly responded with, "Don't you worry about it, ya pervert!" My son responds, "YEAH! YOU PERVERT!" I realized then that I was not going to win "Dad of the Year".

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When my son was 6-ish we were riding through Jax Beach and a buddy of mine pulled up in a car next to me at a light - we put our windows down and he says, "What'cha got there?" (talking about my son), I jokingly responded with, "Don't you worry about it, ya pervert!" My son responds, "YEAH! YOU PERVERT!" I realized then that I was not going to win "Dad of the Year".

On our first trip to Disney, I hadn't been to Disney in 20 years, and my daughter was 3 (a couple months away from 4 trying to make this not so bad). I was holding the drinks (water and cokes from Sams), my parents and the Mrs were in the condo we were renting, but I'm doing trips from the car. Daughters runs up and hits the button on the elevator, hits the wrong one, looks me dead in the face "fuch" (with a k for the h). Then she realizes what left her lips and looks at me. I say "I know I should be upset, but you used it correctly. Don't use daddy words and don't tell you mom"

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On our first trip to Disney, I hadn't been to Disney in 20 years, and my daughter was 3 (a couple months away from 4 trying to make this not so bad). I was holding the drinks (water and cokes from Sams), my parents and the Mrs were in the condo we were renting, but I'm doing trips from the car. Daughters runs up and hits the button on the elevator, hits the wrong one, looks me dead in the face "fuch" (with a k for the h). Then she realizes what left her lips and looks at me. I say "I know I should be upset, but you used it correctly. Don't use daddy words and don't tell you mom"
You’re really Johnny Knoxville, aren’t you?

:lol:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We all have little stories, now if the word was Schit, that's a mommy word.... the story would have ended differently.
My son let go with a “damn” in front of my wife’s aunt one Easter while the wife and I were standing there. After gasping, Aunt Bonnie asked “where on earth did you hear THAT?!” Reflexively, I pointed at the missus :lol: I didn’t mind so much fixing my own sandwiches for a couple of weeks, but the couch was a little uncomfortable. The long arm of Southern Baptist relatives…

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
My son let go with a “damn” in front of my wife’s aunt one Easter while the wife and I were standing there. After gasping, Aunt Bonnie asked “where on earth did you hear THAT?!” Reflexively, I pointed at the missus :lol: I didn’t mind so much fixing my own sandwiches for a couple of weeks, but the couch was a little uncomfortable. The long arm of Southern Baptist relatives…
It is permissable to use "damn" and "hell" in a sermon. Should have just said the young man was remembering the text from last Sunday.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A few weeks ago my son and daughter were arguing and getting loud and aggressive with each other over the TV or some nonsense. I raised my voice and told them to stop, then my son, 8, wallops my daughter, 5, with a slap/punch to the back.

I reflexively got real mad and loud and yelled, "Go, get the belt, now!"

He looks at me and blurts out at the same volume, "but dad, she's pissing me the hell off!!!"

I turn and look at my wife in the kitchen who's looking directly at me, our eyes meet, she can see I'm about to lose it, I turn around, walk to the bedroom, and start busting out laughing while she paddles both of them, then comes in the bedroom and starts cracking up. :lol:

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
My youngest was in the Catholic church in my wife's small, rural Nebraska town for the Christmas mass. Probably 2 or 3 at the time. Sitting next to his grandmother who is fully Polish and VERY Catholic. His cousin who is a few months older is sitting on the other side of grandma. I have no idea what prompted it, but my son looks over, says, "hey Zach," to his cousin and promptly flips him the bird. Everyone that saw it and were mortified at how grandma was going to handle it and holding back laughter. Grandma covers his hand and says, "we don't do that in church." She excused herself and came back a few minutes later. That evening, she told us that she had to go to to the baby crying room so no one would hear her laughing so hard!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
When my oldest was about 8-9 we went to a big girl scout gathering at a local park. Tons of kids running all over and she's in with her group of friends as they all chase each other around some big playset thingy. Then, the kid she's after cuts back and loses everyone in the crowd. My kid yells atop her lungs "FUK" about not being able to catch the friend.

I'm thinking they don't give a badge for that one.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
When my oldest was about 8-9 we went to a big girl scout gathering at a local park. Tons of kids running all over and she's in with her group of friends as they all chase each other around some big playset thingy. Then, the kid she's after cuts back and loses everyone in the crowd. My kid yells atop her lungs "FUK" about not being able to catch the friend.

I'm thinking they don't give a badge for that one.
Who knew they had scouts for big girls? I think that is great! Very "inclusive" of your community... :stickpoke:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
My oldest had a scooter accident over the summer. Skinned both knees up really good. As I'm cleaning it up he finally saw the blood and that's when he got upset. Told him to count to three and scream f*ck. Asked him after if it made him feel better and he said a little.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I don’t recall our kids ever saying any bad words. Even now as young adults they don’t say them in front of us but I assume they do with friends. Covid shutdown changed a lot of things and I said a lot more inappropriate words in their presence than I ever did before. Mostly for emphasis when I was angry, and the son did a lot to make us angry his jr/sr year of high school.

When our daughter was about 5 we carved pumpkins. The Gators were doing very well in 2008 so I made a UF pumpkin. Daughter said to me: Mommy, I like your FU pumpkin!

Me too dear, me too…

Last edited:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I don’t recall our kids ever saying any bad words. Even now as young adults they don’t say them in front of us but I assume they do with friends. Covid shutdown changed a lot of things and I said a lot more inappropriate words in their presence than I ever did before. Mostly for emphasis when I was angry, and the son did a lot to make us angry his jr/sr year of high school.

When our daughter was about 5 we carved pumpkins. The Gators we’re doing very well in 2008 so I made a UF pumpkin. Daughter said to me: Mommy, I like your FU pumpkin!

Me too dear, me too…
It's a miracle that they our kids haven't picked it up as my wife has a sailors mouth. I can still remember my first rant. Was going down this big hill on a bike in our neighborhood and couldn't turn in time before flipping over the mailbox/bushes at the bottom of the hill. Got up throwing my bike and letting out words that had my friends in shock (5th Grade). Never looked back after that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator