Baker Mayfield named starting QB for idiotic Bucs

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just a pit stop on his way to the Arena League.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I suspected the Bucs would go full rebuild this year, and I still think that's the case.

They invested a 1st round pick on Trask, a QB who has only started something like 20 games from high school to the present.

They need to figure out what they've got, if he's going to be an NFL QB or not. They'll let him play. Mayfield is serviceable and relatively cheap and it's rare for an NFL QB to play an entire season nowadays so having an experienced QB on the roster is a good choice.

Alex.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Do we know who they hired as OC/QB coach, to replace Leftwich? That'll give us a better idea as to whom (i.e. Trask or Mayfield) might be called as the starter next year.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
I hope Kyle can out play Baker. I have nothing against Mayfield. I think he hurt his career two years ago when he played while pretty seriously injured. In hindsight he would have been better off getting surgery immediately and then sitting out until he healed.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Kyle, Kyle we hardly knew ye.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
In addition to my strict “no lower arm tattoos on quarterbacks” rule, you also can’t be a rah-rah hothead who smack talks opponents either. It will make for some plays because there’s obviously talent there. But it won’t win you anything. Sooner or later you’ll have a bad moment, and the aforementioned types crumble when the do because they’re mentally soft. Successful NFL QBs are even keel and don’t make a production of things.

The stadium and Heisman commercials are the best things he’s done. He should go into acting.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I suspected the Bucs would go full rebuild this year, and I still think that's the case.

They invested a 1st round pick on Trask, a QB who has only started something like 20 games from high school to the present.

They need to figure out what they've got, if he's going to be an NFL QB or not. They'll let him play. Mayfield is serviceable and relatively cheap and it's rare for an NFL QB to play an entire season nowadays so having an experienced QB on the roster is a good choice.

Alex.

Trask was selected by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the second round, 64th overall, of the 2021 NFL Draft.

Do we know who they hired as OC/QB coach, to replace Leftwich? That'll give us a better idea as to whom (i.e. Trask or Mayfield) might be called as the starter next year.

The Buccaneers are also installing a new offense under new offensive coordinator Dave Canales, who was largely credited for helping revive Geno Smith's career in Seattle.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Bucs never had any intention of making Trask their starter. Baker Mayfield is a proven embarrassment, this signing blows.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good thing I don't follow the nfl............ if I did, I might say the Yucs are Back!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I knew trask would get ****ed. Shoulda known they would never give him a shot when the had a career bum like Blaine Gabbert ahead of him on the depth chart.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018

Alex.
Isn't that kinda what Richardson has for starts?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't that kinda what Richardson has for starts?
Richardson has one season and some change in college, but he started in High School. Trask did not start in High School.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb