Bama game next week - thoughts?

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Coach9;n52167 said:
The similarities of the two teams is interesting.
On offense both teams have:
A go-to receiver that's getting a bulk of the catches
A stable of talented RBs
QBs that have had a bulk of their success throwing horizontally rather than vertically

Defensively both teams have had the tendency to give up big plays in the secondary.

Kiffin is an a$$hole . Advantage Florida

I see the similarities, but the places where Bama is way better than us I think is the O-line and pass blocking. They also have a very good FG kicker, us after 25 yards, not so much.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Watched a little more of Bama's 3 games and they definitely aren't the Bama of 2011 or 2012 but still look pretty good. Watching Yeldon some more he isn't the bruiser I thought he was but he has real good footwork and speed in space but he is definitely not punishing a defense like Richardson used to. Cooper looks to be really good but they sure rely on him a lot. Their safety Collins looks to be a real good one also. Both lines look pretty good but are clearly not on the same level of their 11 and 12 teams. Gives me a little more confidence our defense and special teams could keep us in the game until the 4th quarter.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be watching for arrogant Nicky to let his kicker kick to Debose and pay for it by a return for a TD, and that'll be the game winner!

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Mudd;n52345 said:
I see the similarities, but the places where Bama is way better than us I think is the O-line and pass blocking. They also have a very good FG kicker, us after 25 yards, not so much.

I would agree that bama's o-line is better. But nowhere the maulers of years past that could impose their will. I think are D-line has the edge in applying edge pressure.
I hope they don't rediscover OJ Howard. They've been wasting that kid to this point.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n52370 said:
I'll be watching for arrogant Nicky to let his kicker kick to Debose and pay for it by a return for a TD, and that'll be the game winner!

I would love to see that happen

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n52308 said:
Screw the East! I want the Golden Vagina (thanks Sas) trophy this year!

Baby steps. Sometimes you gotta get the handy before you go all the way.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
NavetG8r;n52308 said:
Screw the East! I want the Golden Vagina (thanks Sas) trophy this year!

Baby steps. Sometimes you gotta get the handy before you go all the way.
:lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n51947 said:
you know aswell as I do we need these o line commits and the 2 5 star d linemen that will sign if muschamps here. Possibly 3 5 star linemen actually. Grier might have stayed committed his girlfriend had already enrolled in like sante fe or something. But if we suck badly and muschamp is fired most of these guys go to fsu and uga. And we fall further behind them. It's been miserable to watch no doubt but we can't afford to miss on this big of a hual. Plus grier or Harris will be another year older next year and ready to compete for a starting job.

Are you fvkking stoned? You believe that pumper crap about every 5 star player is really going to sign with us if we keep the Bowl Cut Dawg?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n52370 said:

I would also love to see a Nicky meltdown with Kiffy on the sideline.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
TN G8tr;n52470 said:
I would also love to see a Nicky meltdown with Kiffy on the sideline.

That's in my top 5 list of things I want to see happen this year.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n50012 said:
After watching that and especially Driskel I think Saban is just going to load the box and just make sure Robinson doesn't get the ball in space like that so much. Their defense is down some from previous years but it looks like we wont be that hard to defend considering they have much better talent than KY but we will see I guess. I do think our defense will improve a lot and a 2012 type victory isn't 100% out of the question.

This is where we will missed McGee. Burton or one of the other guys are going to have to play a good game. I'm just not sure if either of our guys can get separation from theirs LB's. Whoever plays the slot will be key. I don't know if we will see Pittman. He had a very bad game in msny ways. He dropped that pass during the first drive and that play could have made it an entirely different game. Hopefully, they can play Debose in the slot and let him smoke Bamer's secondary.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think we'll play well, keep it within 10-14 point margin at the end, but when you play in that ****hole known as Bryant-Denny, you are playing 11 on 18 the entire game. The zebras might as well all be wearing houndstooth hats instead of black or white caps.

Oh, and Bear Bryant is still a scumsucking ******* rotting in hell, giving JoePa reacharounds.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd said:
Coach9;n52167 said:
The similarities of the two teams is interesting.
On offense both teams have:
A go-to receiver that's getting a bulk of the catches
A stable of talented RBs
QBs that have had a bulk of their success throwing horizontally rather than vertically

Defensively both teams have had the tendency to give up big plays in the secondary.

Kiffin is an a$$hole . Advantage Florida

they have problems on the O line also, don't kid yourself. They have a true Fr. at LT and another one as his backup. They've also got a couple more as back ups along the line. They are better than ours to date but they are in no way what they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.