Bama spends at least $4M for Analysts

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Buckeyes recruiting isnt one guy. It is 50 ish.

Gators wont pay that tab.

Baseball first. Football last.

I'm curious if Mullen tried to hire him if they'd make a commitment to recruiting (i.e. spend the money and hire the staff). How much additional budget do you think it would require?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm curious if Mullen tried to hire him if they'd make a commitment to recruiting (i.e. spend the money and hire the staff). How much additional budget do you think it would require?

Where does the money go in Alabama's $174.3 million athletics revenue - al.com

This is Bama 2017 numbers. So I expect 2019 to be about 10% bigger. At least.

$3.7M for analysts and other support staff.

What is football's part in this?

The football expenses went up by a little more than $6 million. A few major areas of increased football expenses:

• Coaching salaries went up $4.9 million to $18.9 million.
  • Support staff salaries up $784,530 to $3.7 million. The specific number of support staffers was not listed.
  • A big chunk of that salary increase comes from the one-time $4 million bonus paid to Nick Saban on May 22 as part of his new contract. Saban was paid a total of $11,649,100.84 pre-tax dollars by Alabama in fiscal year 2016-17. The typical monthly paycheck was made out for $560,800.07.

As for recruiting, in 2017 they spent $1.5M. And that is it just what’s reported. None of this includes the money they spent on facilities.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama also has support staff in areas that are not directly under the football budget... some work in the college for sport sciences (or related college) and the over arching athletic department.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama also has support staff in areas that are not directly under the football budget... some work in the college for sport sciences (or related college) and the over arching athletic department.

In 2017, support staff expenses went up by $784,530 to the $3.7M.

But I am in line with you – I think they are hiding support staff expenses through the other sports.

In the same breath - they say that total support staff expenses increased by $2.9M. There’s no way in hell that they’re paying $3 million of additional money for support staff for the other sports.

They are probably paying $6 million minimum for support staff just for football. There is nothing in this article that outlines what they were already paying for “other sport support staffs”. Other than the $3.7 million, all the numbers above are additional expenses in 2017.

2019 is probably considerably more.

They are probably paying around $8M. Just for football.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No clue. I doubt those guys make much. Probably $100k. He isnt coming to an office that thinks three recruiting staffers is plenty and you know we pay bottom of the barrel.

Im sure our entire recruiting staff is less than $400k.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads