deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:facepalm:

Our legal system is wacked!

It's not so much a question of "if" Barry used drugs..... that's obvious, the question is why we waste so much time and money on jury trials when the results are overturned by Panels of Judges who just disregard the facts in favor of crossing T's and dotting I's.

IMHO, trying to protect the "Game" is a waste of time and effort.

Let all the Cheaters into the HOF... Maybe have a seperate wing called "The Hall of Shame".

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
deuce;n213349 said:
:facepalm:

Our legal system is wacked!

It's not so much a question of "if" Barry used drugs..... that's obvious, the question is why we waste so much time and money on jury trials when the results are overturned by Panels of Judges who just disregard the facts in favor of crossing T's and dotting I's.

IMHO, trying to protect the "Game" is a waste of time and effort.

Let all the Cheaters into the HOF... Maybe have a seperate wing called "The Hall of Shame".

I agree that it is a waste of time trying to keep players out of the HOF. In reality there was no advantage to taking steroids as a player because I'll almost guarantee that everyone else was also doing the same...No real advantage from the pitchers POV because throwing harder just means a juiced up batter can hit it further, plus "over throwing" your shoulder and elbow likely means a shorter career, less stats. Same with a batter as roids won't help you hit a curve ball any better......IOW it is a level playing field.

The game has much bigger issues and needs to under go huge rule changes such as shorting games, using a pitch clock and shorting the season by half the number of games to keep an interest in each game......it is boring as hell to watch and needs to be restructured.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, they killed the game by taking steroids out of it. It was alot funner when we had a bunch of lumpy headed roid abusers trying to hit 80 homeruns a year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n214831 said:
Hell, they killed the game by taking steroids out of it. It was alot funner when we had a bunch of lumpy headed roid abusers trying to hit 80 homeruns a year.

I agree T. I've never been a huge fan but always used to watch the playoffs and World Series.....I don't think I've watched a single game in the last 5 years or so. B-O-R-I-N-G......

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n214832 said:
I agree T. I've never been a huge fan but always used to watch the playoffs and World Series.....I don't think I've watched a single game in the last 5 years or so. B-O-R-I-N-G......
I haven't watched a game in years myself

Dec 10, 2014
Law98gator;n214647 said:
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

I like how the alleged "lawyer" is quoting something about lawyers where he has no clue as to the context of the quote. The quote is a compliment to lawyers Law. It's not disparaging. There are plenty of derogatory quotes/lines about lawyers and you pick the one that praises them....:facepalm:

This is a quick summation of the context of the line. The quote is from Henry the VI btw.

"In reference to the review of ''Guilty Conscience,'' (May 20) Leah D. Frank is inaccurate when she states that when Shakespeare had one of his characters state ''Let's kill all the lawyers,'' it was the corrupt, unethical lawyers he was referring to. Shakespeare's exact line ''The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers,'' was stated by Dick the Butcher in ''Henry VI,'' Part II, act IV, Scene II, Line 73. Dick the Butcher was a follower of the rebel Jack Cade, who thought that if he disturbed law and order, he could become king. Shakespeare meant it as a compliment to attorneys and judges who instill justice in society." DEBBIE VOGEL

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You can't bring facts into a conversation with Law. He works on assumptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.