Gator Basketball Basketball Offseason Thread - Scottie Lewis Returning

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It might signal a commitment to play faster. This team should be an extreme uptempo team and Andrew just isn’t that style. Doesn’t mean he isn’t talented just means he needs to play deliberate. He should find a good fit somewhere.

I hope that you are correct. Mike has 2 potential elite defenders in Payne and Lewis who are both long and athletic. Throw in Glover who could be like a gnat as an on the ball defender and there is absolutely no reason that Mike would not extend the floor defensively for almost an entire game. It is the easiest way to try and create transition baskets, much easier than a missed shot. Mike could not play full court defense given the lack of mobility of Blackshear and the slowness of Nemby. But to Nemby's credit he is a very willing passer and if he can find a team/system that allows for constant player movement, Nemby is more than willing to pass to the open man.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Espn is reporting Nembhard was looking to transfer before last season was even finished. If true, White isn’t pushing him out the door to go uptempo. Nembhard just doesn’t want to play for White any more.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It was also reported that various members of Gatorchatter were attempting to coax Mike into transferring long before last season even started. However the attempts have been unsuccessful to date.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Espn is reporting Nembhard was looking to transfer before last season was even finished. If true, White isn’t pushing him out the door to go uptempo. Nembhard just doesn’t want to play for White any more.

Who does?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It was also reported that various members of Gatorchatter were attempting to coax Mike into transferring long before last season even started. However the attempts have been unsuccessful to date.

I was doing more than coax. I stood outside his house with a giant sign saying, “Go the F away!”

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Losing Nemnhard will be a make or fire year imo for White. Appleby and Mann are the type of PGs he has been looking for, dont play slow, make contested shots, drive, dish, push the pace, etc. If we play the same way on offense, its 100% White and he has to go

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
maybe this would make room for the st John's transfer

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Just weird

Hopefully it means Mann is back and we are running

That's what I thought when I heard the news.

Well, right after I thought that maybe Nembhard could transfer somewhere he can play at a pace appropriate for the "Over 40 city league" team.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He wants to walk the ball up the court and dribble the air out of it for another team

The big stupid there is that you're giving our opponent time to scan positionings, set up the positional defense, allows opponents to think smart, etc etc. That one-spot dribbling stall takes away your offensive players' chance to quickly get open for a millisecond, for a shot, a good inside shot. All season last Payne attempted the give & go and Nembhard did not even glance to see if he could complete that play.??
We played too many games unaware of what would work against a particular defense, even a stumbling D where we stopped to allow them to get composed and make our shots tougher. We were probably the team that got the least easy-shots

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Can
Losing Nemnhard will be a make or fire year imo for White. Appleby and Mann are the type of PGs he has been looking for, dont play slow, make contested shots, drive, dish, push the pace, etc. If we play the same way on offense, its 100% White and he has to go

Nailed it. The past 2 years I have stated repeatedly they would not fire White. However, they will not keep him beyond this season if we struggle. In fact, if we struggle he may well be let go in season.

He has to win. Despite all the tears for Andrew we are better off without him. White has to take this roster and win now or he is gone.

As far transfers go we have never lost a player that contributed significantly until Andrew. Non-elite players lacking playing time often transfer downward so they can play.

Appleby is going to be a big key this year. I don’t know him well but hear he can push the rock. I’m already impressed with Ques....reminds me of a freshman cheese. So if nothing else we look like we will be sprinting end to end this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb