Gator Basketball Basketball Offseason Thread - Scottie Lewis Returning

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
So far we have Gak who has transferred, and now Bassett.

Blackshear gone. Nembhard likely gone. Keyontae...?

Discuss.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I don't see any more transfers happening. I could see Scottie Lewis leaving for Europe or trying nba. He has a shot at a 2nd round pick. I doubt it though. I think he stays. No one else on the roster has a prayer at the nba.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
This is what I am waiting to see what happens. If White loses core players from this year (Bassett was not) then it should be blatantly obvious there is a sickness in the program. If they all stay, then White needs to prove it next year.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bassett is one of the weirdest situations I have ever seen. He is the second best shooter on the team yet never shoots from three. Is he scared to shoot or has White told him not to? We will never know.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
5 PF/CENTER transfers in the last 16 or so months for us if I remember correctly. Chase Johnson, stone, stokes, gak, Bassett. Not to mention Ballard and okaru. 7 altogether... Wowsas.

I just looked it up and Keith stone averaged 5 pts and 5 rebounds and shot 19% from 3 this year at Miami... Yikes. At least we know one of those transfers won't/didn't hurt us.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see any more transfers happening. I could see Scottie Lewis leaving for Europe or trying nba. He has a shot at a 2nd round pick. I doubt it though. I think he stays. No one else on the roster has a prayer at the nba.

Keyontae hopefully returns, but he’s the most NBA ready IMO.

Scottie needs more seasoning too. Would be big to lose just KBJ and Nembhard.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
White's ways must add confusion to the minds of all "All-Star" players. You don't want them confused between pro$ agent promises and a slipshod college coach that doesn't coach. UF is exposed to a danger that should not be. All when our players should be playing to get better.

If Payne has any confidence that he is good, then what can he think of coach White? Would Payne talk highly of White to a recruit? IMO, Payne should have played out any kinks in his game.

We have 2 newcomers who sat out this season.? Will they be good? How inviting has White made UF for new hs recruits?

This "shut-down" season? It's all a mess. And we know what a "take-charge" guy White is.??

UF's basketball offseason started months ago.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I didn't think about it until now, but Nembhard could easily leave. He's played overseas during the off-season 2 years in a row. So, he is a player that would have no problem leaving for Europe or wherever to start his pro career.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bassett could never stay healthy. He won't do much of anything like Stone and pretty much all those other guys that left. Have any of those guys that left went somewhere and made a huge impact to a big time winning program? Any of them on the NBA radar? I would say zero of them did much of anything.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I assume that there will be more defections followed by inside information (otherwise known as BS excuses) that the departing players were locker room cancers or malcontents like the other entire roster full of players that have left the program during the last couple of years.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I'd love to see KJ back, but not sure. He could be conference player of the year candidate next year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
More than 25 schools reach out to graduate transfer Kevin Marfo

More than 25 schools reach out to graduate transfer Kevin Marfo

Kevin Marfo, the nation’s leading rebounder, is on the move. Marfo entered the NCAA Transfer Portal on Sunday and the interest in the Quinnipiac star has been overwhelming. It shouldn’t, however, come as a surprise.

Marfo has steadily gotten better throughout his college career, and put up an impressive 10.2 points and 13.3 rebounds a game this past season. Marfo will graduate in the spring and will transfer with immediate eligibility.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I assume that there will be more defections followed by inside information (otherwise known as BS excuses) that the departing players were locker room cancers or malcontents like the other entire roster full of players that have left the program during the last couple of years.

Who? The only player that left that there was much talk about was Stokes. He had a some attitude and Ballard sometimes sulked over playing time. But nobody was labeled a cancer. Some act like these guys were stars. They just wanted to go somewhere they could play. Not one of them would have been contributor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.