Gator Basketball Basketball Offseason Thread

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Lofton is a solid pick up from a really good program. I like that he has average over 5 assists (6 assists per game the last 3 years) and just a little over 2 turnovers a game. I hope that will carry over to SEC play.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Lofton should bring complete floor leadership. His presence will radiate high-motor, start-to-finish stamina.
Hope he can sucker our SEC opponents into fouling him. He will be good floor general and general team-wide motivator.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Really Really solid pick up here. All A-10 player wich is usually a multi bid league. Now Bonham can be a sparkplug off the bench. We need another big and I think I might like our roster next year.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
OO's the bigger of the two so he'd be my pick, and being from St. Bonnie, would fit well with Lofton. Though Mballa would Golden's first euro player as Gator HC.
About an hour or two after posting this, Osun Osunniyi committed to Iowa St. So, it is either MBalla or wait to see who pulls out of the draft.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Golden has GatorNation looking forward to a basketball season for a change. For SEC play he will have to do some learning on the job, but that route seems what he is suited for. Maybe our Gator players will learn as the season goes instead of stagnating or getting worse.?
This basketball season has that surprise bonus = beat UGa, beat White Still, and Castleton needs a tall, dynamic buddy to make it a slam dunk.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Mballa signs with Ole Miss. Looks like the search continues for another big. Still waiting for Golden to show us the Euro connections he was suppose to have.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mballa signs with Ole Miss. Looks like the search continues for another big. Still waiting for Golden to show us the Euro connections he was suppose to have.
Most players in Europe either play proball and would be ineligible or come here for high school so they can play college ball here. So I don't really see him pulling guys straight out of Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.