Gator Basketball Basketball Offseason Thread

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
First decommitment. Hopefully the only one and maybe he returns

I hope he returns but if he chooses to go elsewhere I certainly understand.
If he chooses to follow White to Georgia then he’s probably not the sharpest tool in the shed anyway.

I am prepared for the potential journey back to viability and I know that it could be a long trip but at least the new driver appears to know how to get there.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
:headslap:
First decommitment. Hopefully the only one and maybe he returns

Like I said before, forget this class, they are all gone. Expect at least a couple of them them to follow Whitey to the dwags. And since the Golden boy apparently doesn’t know what signing a Rivals Ranked player is, I expect we will be doing roster management almost exclusively through the portal and Euros. Euroversity of Florida :headslap:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
:headslap:
Like I said before, forget this class, they are all gone. Expect at least a couple of them them to follow Whitey to the dwags. And since the Golden boy apparently doesn’t know what signing a Rivals Ranked player is, I expect we will be doing roster management almost exclusively through the portal and Euros. Euroversity of Florida :headslap:
Only 1 top 100 player or something like that hasn't signed/committed. Not many options to actually recruit. Was always going to be transfer heavy this year

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Strike one against Golden boy - unless he can reel Malik back in.
If he can't out recruit the dwag and convince kids the situation at UF is better now than what it was when the dwag HC was here, then we are going to have some growing pains. Should have Coach Napier talking to them.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I hope he returns but if he chooses to go elsewhere I certainly understand.
If he chooses to follow White to Georgia then he’s probably not the sharpest tool in the shed anyway.

I am prepared for the potential journey back to viability and I know that it could be a long trip but at least the new driver appears to know how to get there.
Serious question, the new driver appears to know how to get there based on what? A single trip to the Tournament? White made it there most years and almost always won at least a game.

I’m hoping Golden can be successful along with everyone else, but I recognize it is nothing more than hope because he has all of 3 years of experience and a single one and done on his resume. His offense looks like an upgrade for sure, but recruiting looks like a major red flag.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Serious question, the new driver appears to know how to get there based on what? A single trip to the Tournament? White made it there most years and almost always won at least a game.

I’m hoping Golden can be successful along with everyone else, but I recognize it is nothing more than hope because he has all of 3 years of experience and a single one and done on his resume. His offense looks like an upgrade for sure, but recruiting looks like a major red flag.

I probably could have phrased that better.

My point was that at least there is a chance that this guy can get us there and a chance beats the he!! out of the guy before because we knew for certain that he was driving in circles while convincing himself that he was on the right track.
I guess “So you’re telling me there’s a chance “ applies here.

It seems pretty obvious that you have already given up on Golden but I am willing to clear the decks of all of my negativity (and it’s significant) and give him a chance just as I did for White. If he fails, I will turn on him just as quickly as I did White during the 2018-19 season.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I don't know if I'd say his recruiting looks like a red flag. When he was with pearl I believe they reelled in two top 15 classes and he was supposedly one of pearls hotshot recruiters. I'd say recruiting I'd more of an unknown rather than a redflag.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I probably could have phrased that better.

My point was that at least there is a chance that this guy can get us there and a chance beats the he!! out of the guy before because we knew for certain that he was driving in circles while convincing himself that he was on the right track.
I guess “So you’re telling me there’s a chance “ applies here.

It seems pretty obvious that you have already given up on Golden but I am willing to clear the decks of all of my negativity (and it’s significant) and give him a chance just as I did for White. If he fails, I will turn on him just as quickly as I did White during the 2018-19 season.
I haven’t given up on him, I just think it’s a major stretch of a hire. Let’s assume he really does have a superior system and makes the mathematically correct coaching calls end of game while the opponent goes with his gut or traditional strategy. That might win you enough games to get to the tournament. But to make a deep run and actually have a shot at winning the damn thing takes ballers. I just don’t see how he is going to recruit better than the list of well known names coaching in the SEC, not to mention Hamilton at the Nulls and great grandpa at scUM.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We hired a horrible coach. Might not be Mike White bad, but a horrible hire.

You guys rate 5* from west coast as 3*. What about coaches? Awful.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
We hired a horrible coach. Might not be Mike White bad, but a horrible hire.

You guys rate 5* from west coast as 3*. What about coaches? Awful.

Been on campus all week, hasn't recruited anyone yet let alone win a game.. I can see where this is probably a huge mistake...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not at all excited about the hire. I’m sure partly because I’ve not watched much Gators basketball in the last 4-5 years and partly because I have no idea who dafuq this coach is or how he’ll do in Gainesville. Guess that’s what happens to your fan base when you allow apathy to set in.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not at all excited about the hire. I’m sure partly because I’ve not watched much Gators basketball in the last 4-5 years and partly because I have no idea who dafuq this coach is or how he’ll do in Gainesville. Guess that’s what happens to your fan base when you allow apathy to set in.

He’ll win a lot of statistics, just not the one that counts.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't know, but I loved what he said about being appreciative. And, how many top recruits would actually go to U. San Fran regardless of the coach...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.