Gator Basketball Basketball Offseason Thread

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Am I seeing a quicker explosive launch than Castleton -- maybe a double advantage cross-training will occur from practices. I really like this addition. I never expected we'd get such an advanced addition.
No scoldin' Golden here.
There seems to be a genuine idea behind the roster Golden is putting together. Whitey just grabbed some talent and hoped for the best.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope we get to see smart, fun-plays basketball on the court for the win. I want Kentucky & Alabama to fear playing us.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I think I saw 1 shot inside the 3 line as a fade away. Everything else was 3 pointers. I don’t want to simply be a “Live by, Die by” 3 team. I’d love a Forward to develop a mid-range dagger. Yes, Luka Doncic can hit the 3 but he is deadly mid-range.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think I saw 1 shot inside the 3 line as a fade away. Everything else was 3 pointers. I don’t want to simply be a “Live by, Die by” 3 team. I’d love a Forward to develop a mid-range dagger. Yes, Luka Doncic can hit the 3 but he is deadly mid-range.
i'd want his signature move to be a spln-&-hit in close using the backboard. Unstoppable-type stuff.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Another recent article about the team.

If everything goes to plan, Golden said his roster should be able to compete with anyone. He is confident in its talent and believes it now comes down to his ability to coach it to success.

“It's gonna be on me to do a good job coaching them up and making sure we have guys that are unselfish and playing together,” Golden said. “But, you know, I'm pleased with where our talent is on our roster for this being year one.”

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This Aleks seems like a learning player with assets we've never had before.? It would feel good to build around some meld of him and Castleton - an obviously made stronger Castleton. Aleks will protect Castleton's outstamina presence. More Go Gators.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Aleks is a 6'11" freshman who can start right away. Help Castleton patrol around the basket while Cass will get to foul less. Aleks probably has a good work ethic that will match Castleton's. Can he be that guy who averages 15+ per game.? That guy who makes these Gators the top rebounding team.? Fail here and it's back to Europe for you buddy.!

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This Aleks seems like a learning player with assets we've never had before.? It would feel good to build around some meld of him and Castleton - an obviously made stronger Castleton. Aleks will protect Castleton's outstamina presence. More Go Gators.
No vowels in his last name? Not sure if we ever had that before but this is the kind of name we expected from Golden so he finally found one. From his video he can't jump more than about 12 inches off the floor. Colin is a lot more athletic, but this guy can pop from the perimeter and gives us a smart player who should give us a little of everything plus experience playing against pros so won't be the usual step up from HS to the SEC. He should be a solid contributor.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am hoping that Golden forces Aleks to go inside and slam-bang with the toughs. Get him versed on American
basketball -- quickly. Outside, he might throw great entry passes to Castleton after drawing the defense out.?
We need us a dangerous quick whip the ball around offense.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads