Gator Basketball Basketball preseason

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mike drop or drop Mike.?
But really I'm hoping for the best from UF's mystery team.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Team is going to have plenty of talent. Castleton is almost certainly coming back since he's not getting any interest from the NBA. Supposedly like most bigs in today's game, he has been working on his 3 point shooting so will be able to stretch the defense. Appleby has another year of experience and will be one of the more experienced PG in the league. Hopefully he has worked at keeping his poise in crunch time. The Ruskie had flashes last year and is definitely a better shooter than his percentage reflected last year. Duruji brings back rebounding and athleticism. Not much of an offensive threat but we should have plenty of that on the roster from the transfers. Lane? who the hell knows but he's a body.

Yeah, we don't know much about the transfer guys other than they were a helluva lot more productive than the guys who transferred out, so looks like a significant talent upgrade across the board. Can they quickly form into a cohesive unit? Hard to say and with White Mike in charge I don't have a lot of confidence so may take the first 3rd of the season or so before we really know what we have.

Losing Mann was big but fully expected and the lone recruit coming in looks like a stud. He's no Chris Walker. Reeves can do everything and will make an immediate impact even if it's mostly defending, rebounding and hitting spot up 3's at first. Plus he seems like a great kid, good student, solid family. I'm very excited about this kid being a Gator. Lets hope White doesn't retard his development right up until the time he transfers.

KJ? Probably not but it hasn't been ruled out yet so it's still a possibility.

Like usual, and maybe even more than the last few years, lack of talent on the roster isn't going to be White's problem. Is this the year he finally gets production and cohesiveness out of that talent ? Feels a lot like fool me once shame on you, fool me 6 times, wtf!?

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Team is going to have plenty of talent. Castleton is almost certainly coming back since he's not getting any interest from the NBA. Supposedly like most bigs in today's game, he has been working on his 3 point shooting so will be able to stretch the defense. Appleby has another year of experience and will be one of the more experienced PG in the league. Hopefully he has worked at keeping his poise in crunch time. The Ruskie had flashes last year and is definitely a better shooter than his percentage reflected last year. Duruji brings back rebounding and athleticism. Not much of an offensive threat but we should have plenty of that on the roster from the transfers. Lane? who the hell knows but he's a body.

Yeah, we don't know much about the transfer guys other than they were a helluva lot more productive than the guys who transferred out, so looks like a significant talent upgrade across the board. Can they quickly form into a cohesive unit? Hard to say and with White Mike in charge I don't have a lot of confidence so may take the first 3rd of the season or so before we really know what we have.

Losing Mann was big but fully expected and the lone recruit coming in looks like a stud. He's no Chris Walker. Reeves can do everything and will make an immediate impact even if it's mostly defending, rebounding and hitting spot up 3's at first. Plus he seems like a great kid, good student, solid family. I'm very excited about this kid being a Gator. Lets hope White doesn't retard his development right up until the time he transfers.

KJ? Probably not but it hasn't been ruled out yet so it's still a possibility.

Like usual, and maybe even more than the last few years, lack of talent on the roster isn't going to be Whites problem. Is this the year he finally gets production and cohesiveness out of that talent ? Feels a lot like fool me once shame on you, fool me 6 times, wtf!?
Almost forgot Jitoboh. He's so over weight with his six inch vertical that he's hard for me to take seriously, but maybe he lost 20 lbs and can at least get down the court with his teammates and take up space in the paint and snag some rebounds. If Castleton comes back as I expect it would be nice if Jit can at least spell him and play maybe 10 minutes a game.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Just finished reading an ESPN+ article of the top 25 players in the nation. 4 of them attend HS in Florida and none of them mention UF as a possible destination. Unfortunately F$U is mentioned in 3 of the 4.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
All-time series Florida leads, 43–28* (1 game vacated)
Largest victory Florida, 96–61 (1999)
Longest win streak Florida, 7 (1965–1968); Florida State, 7 (2014-present)

We have beaten them 15 more times than they beat us. Bottom line? Two national titles to A big fckkkk ZERO.
as for MW's cock I will let you worry about that..........since you brought it up.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just finished reading an ESPN+ article of the top 25 players in the nation. 4 of them attend HS in Florida and none of them mention UF as a possible destination. Unfortunately F$U is mentioned in 3 of the 4.

This is what I have been screaming about for five years.
Among the many failures of CMW is the fact that he has lost the predominant position in Florida due to his incompetence. Leonard Hamilton was on the outs at FSU and now he’s falling into the best players in the state every year.

UF’s response is a contract extension so apparently owning the state is no longer a part of the Gator standard.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Another season of Mike white basketball...

iu

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb