Gator Basketball Basketball preseason

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Seems a talented hodge-podge that could prosper & grow better due to across-the-boards competition in practices.?
Got to crash the boards with Diruji & that 6'7" new guy Barden ( & Castleton?)??
Applebee needs a newcomer to partner with.?
Better hope for tenacious ball handling.??
Better hope White attended someone's summer basketball camp.?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Now, now Jitoboh might have a sort of epiphany.? His girth & height, don't need to jump much. He's only an inch away from a shooter's touch.? Best to hope they engulp an enthusiastic team personality that enjoys the fun of basketball in spite of the Mike White deflation and pounded to pulp fear. Eradicate excess turnovers. Knock around a few bodies - all naturally, of course. And for FTs' sake, make 'em foul you. Oh yeah, shoot 70% FTs. And do not start games slowly. Mean business from the get-go. All that would be worth a watch.!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
but I guess we all have a hard time taking seriously a guy who can't back away from the buffet table.

We sure can!

giphy.gif

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
There is plenty of experience and depth on this squad but does anyone really believe White is finally going to find the magic elixir? I can already hear the excuses. Too many new faces, not enough time, etc....

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of new guys for us to learn about. Looks like potentially a very athletic and exciting group.

By the way, did I miss it, or did this guy also forget about Jit just like I did in my previous post? LOL hard to overlook an object that big, but I guess we all have a hard time taking seriously a guy who can't back away from the buffet table.

I thought about Jit, but he only discussed top 10.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Appleby is a walking turnover. Way too erratic with the ball. I'm hoping mcissic is good enough to over take that. I expect rusesenov to make a jump. He play hs ball on a national level and scored a ton of points. I wish we had another big that could give us decent minutes. I think we're gonna miss Payne.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Appleby is a walking turnover. Way too erratic with the ball. I'm hoping mcissic is good enough to over take that. I expect rusesenov to make a jump. He play hs ball on a national level and scored a ton of points. I wish we had another big that could give us decent minutes. I think we're gonna miss Payne.

Payne transferred to Illinois. Why do I feel like he's gonna be really good there. I too hope McKissic will take over as starting PG.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Main problem with Gator basketball is that Mike White teams are terrible at getting better. :cool:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I dont even watch anymore. Ugly ugly play. Even the wins are ugly, and the offense is putrid.

MW is the WM of bball. Fitting their initials mirror each other, their philosophy, performance, and lack of success do as well.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
There is plenty of experience and depth on this squad but does anyone really believe White is finally going to find the magic elixir? I can already hear the excuses. Too many new faces, not enough time, etc....
CoVid fears, still traumatized from last year's KJ incident, sun was in my eyes, too many opposing fans in the seats, dog ate the playbook....

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Ruz was visibly nervous on the court. He just never settled down and appeared to be overmatched at this level. His game may be better suited for overseas. I hope he does well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.