Gator Basketball Basketball Recruiting Thread

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Soooooooo.... every football recruit must be merged into one thread, but we make threads for each bouncy ball recruit AND have a basketball recruiting thread?

Trying to make sense out the rules.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Why would he be going somewhere? OKC is the fourth ranked team in the West.

The he was White, and there was an article discussing if his firing would help the team, the answer was it would not, but who knows. Mostly the post was humor, White is not leaving and Billy is not returning either. I know humor is not my typical response.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Soooooooo.... every football recruit must be merged into one thread, but we make threads for each bouncy ball recruit AND have a basketball recruiting thread?

Trying to make sense out the rules.
We must also ask why you continue to read threads that aren’t football related.

Trying to make sense out of your reason to continue to b!tch about other sports that many people enjoy.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We must also ask why you continue to read threads that aren’t football related.

Trying to make sense out of your reason to continue to b!tch about other sports that many people enjoy.
Bingo. I even have the other sports clearly marked with colored prefixes, just so the Donkey can easily avoid them.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
And appropriately tagged simply "Basketball" not "Men's" or "Women's."

For two reasons.

First, in general, Women's basketball is just hideous.

Second, this year's Gator Women's team in even hideous-er.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like class full of class. These guys sound like they got the "want-to" of our 2006, 2007 NC guys.
Even a rough estimate of those guys would be great for us.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Cant wait to see the next year's team at the Charleston Classic!

TWITTER-charleston-1200x675-1024x576.jpg

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
This recruiting class is amazing and could get better. Have to put together something competent this year and let the young kids get improve and learn.

On a side note, does the android app not work for anybody else the last week about?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like CJs getting ready to announce and since we don't have space, it's looking like LSU or Miami, with Oregon (and us) on the outside.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I saw today the nations #1 bb recruit committed to Memphis. uk, f$u and Kansas were the also rans.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I saw today the nations #1 bb recruit committed to Memphis. uk, f$u and Kansas were the also rans.

Memphis has a new and very powerful coach, I expect a vast improvement in their team. He has very good contacts and can actually coach as well.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Memphis has a new and very powerful coach, I expect a vast improvement in their team. He has very good contacts and can actually coach as well.
Anfernee Hardaway? He's never coached college at all. We'll see how it plays out, but I ain't holding my breathe.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Anfernee Hardaway will be a prominent college basketball coach & top recruit magnet. Only 47 years old.
Impressing youngsters with his NBA fame, his Basketball Movies with Shaq, and his coaching a friend's middle school BB-team to 28-3 record state championship. (He took over due to friend's emergency cancer treatment.)

He resurrected the Bluff City Classic summer bball league, attended by h.s. stars from all over the U.S.
He's launched a huge Court-Sports complex for aspiring BBall players & volleyball players, with emphasis on "making it" in college. The program is steeped in academics tutoring, etc. The business enterprise will bring the Memphis area $14.5 million in jobs. Also, he funded the U of Memphis Sports Hall of Fame ($20 million).

This is a man kids' parents can admire for works far preceding this coaching career start. He will recruit well. Not faced his first season, yet already signed the #1 h.s. bball player. IMO he'll become the mid-US coach-K. Watch for Memphis as a regular in the March Madness success. He can bring in his good friend Shaq for "Big Man Seminars".

P.S.>> White would do well to bring in J. Noah for an enthusiasm "big-man" semignarly. :cool:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator